AT NORTHWESTERN MUTUAL, WE ARE STRONG, INNOVATIVE AND GROWING. WE INVEST IN OUR PEOPLE. WE CARE AND MAKE A POSITIVE DIFFERENCE.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Applies and integrates statistical, mathematical, data mining, predictive modeling and business analysis skills and techniques to discover and identify new insights, advise on turning new insights into actionable opportunities and outcomes, and providing the tracking and measurement of results.
- Interprets available internal and external data resources to develop and deliver information solutions, including analytical information.
- Develop prototype solutions, mathematical models, algorithms, machine learning techniques, and robust analytics to support analytic insights and visualization of complex data sets for productization and monetization
- Explore new experimentation methods and statistical techniques that could sharpen or speed up our product decision-making processes
- Translate business problems into analytical questions for investigation
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Econometrics or related field
- 1-3 years of professional experience
- Professional experience in a data or analytics role or Master's degree experience or PhD degree in Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Econometrics or related field
- Ability to write complex SQL queries; Statistical knowledge and intuition; machine learning experience, experience with distributed databases and query languages like Hive or Spark, programming experience with a scripting language such as Python, Java, or Ruby.
- Proficiency with a statistical analysis tool such as R or SAS; ability to tell a story with data; strong time and project management skills with the ability to manage detail work and communicate project status effectively to all levels
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal direction
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
GROW YOUR CAREER WITH A BEST-IN-CLASS COMPANY THAT PUTS OUR CLIENT’S INTERESTS AT THE CENTER OF ALL WE DO. GET STARTED NOW!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FIND YOUR FUTURE
We’re excited about the potential people bring to Northwestern Mutual. You can grow your career here while enjoying first-class perks, benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.