When it comes to using cutting-edge machine learning to tackle complex problems, Lockheed Martin is driven by a singular mission focus and desire to continuously innovate. Today’s challenges to global security aren’t just changing – they’re accelerating faster than ever before. Through our dedication to our mission, our AI-enabled autonomous systems are changing the way militaries operate and protect their forces, the way first responders fight fires, and how researchers explore the far reaches of space and the ocean’s depths.
The Lockheed Martin Artificial Intelligence Center (LAIC) team is seeking a high energy engineer to build-out the AI Factory, an enterprise Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence (ML/AI) platform. In this role, you will be embedded in the AI Factory team working along side data engineers, ML/AI engineers, product managers, and data scientists. The selected candidate will focus on the MLOps portfolio and additionally contribute to a broad range of projects across the enterprise to increase machine learning availability and value to Lockheed Martin.
The selected candidate will:
- Build and scale machine learning systems to power Lockheed Martin's AI platforms
- Integrate machine learning libraries and operational frameworks into an end-to-end environment
- Work with AI/ML practitioners to solve complex problems and create unique solutions
- Build MLOps pipelines to support development, experimentation, continuous integration, continuous delivery, verification/validation, and monitoring of AI/ML models
- Continuously evaluate the latest packages and frameworks in the ML ecosystem
- Create documentation and best practices to share with the AI/ML community
US Citizenship RequiredBasic Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience with 2 years of professional experience; or no experience required with a related Masters degree.
- Experience with Programming and Scripting, such as C++, Java, Python, Go, Bash
- Experience with version control systems, such as Git
- Knowledge of DevSecOps and Cloud Native software development practices
- Knowledge of common machine learning frameworks, such as Tensorflow, Torch, Sci-kit
- Familiarity with Kubernetes, including distributions (Openshift, Rancher, GKE)
- Familiarity with Containers, including Open Container Initiative (OCI) and Docker
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and ability to collaborate with cross-functional partners
- Organized with a knack for administering complex environments
- Creative and resourceful when it comes to problem-solving
- A passionate can-do attitude. You are not afraid to try, learn, and improve
- Ability to work with internal stakeholders to collect feedback, prioritize tasks, and manage the engineering backlog
- Self-motivated, self-directed, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment in an industry that constantly changes
US Citizenship RequiredDesired Skills:
- Experience with Pipeline Automation, such as ArgoCD, Tekton, Gitlab CI/CD, Jenkins
- Experience with Collaboration Tools, such as Slack, Confluence, Gitlab, Jira
- Familiarity with public cloud computing services, such as AWS, GCP, Azure
- Familiarity with Package Management, such as Helm, Kustomize
- Familiarity with Monitoring and Performance, such as Prometheus, Grafana, Dynatrace, Sysdig
- Familiarity with Container Security, such as Falco, Sysdig Secure, Aqua, or Anchore
- Successful, proven results in executing on ML-intensive programs
- Knowledge of Machine Learning Architectures, including GPU Computing, High Performance Computing (HPC)
- Knowledge of ML/AI Orchestration, such as Kubeflow, OpenDataHub.io, MLFlow, or Domino
job.QualificationsLockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.EXPERIENCE LEVEL: