Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) Consulting Cloud Architect? At HCA Healthcare, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
At HCA Healthcare, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Consulting Cloud Architect like you to be a part of our team.
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Consulting Cloud Architect will provide enterprise Cloud Services design, automation, and implementation for one of the largest healthcare companies in the US. The position will work closely with various areas of the organization to define, develop, and enable the automated delivery of cloud services, capabilities and solutions with a focus on provisioning, data engineering, platform engineering, and security. Position will be responsible for design, build, and operation of Google Cloud Platform (GCP) components, including services and tools to meet the business needs. Position will require knowledge of automation, management, and deploying in GCP. Position will oversee daily automated builds, deployments and overall management of cloud services for the enterprise. Position will be responsible for providing in depth technical review, engineering, administration, analysis, trending, and reporting of all services/platforms. Specific responsibilities include design, installation, and operational support of cloud data pipelines and services deployed across numerous environments. Responsibilities could include troubleshooting, coordination, user assistance, application support, and guidance in GCP. The qualified candidate will be relied upon to make solid decisions and help mentor personnel in junior positions as well across the varying technical disciplines inherent to the job role. Perform technical project assignments with minimal supervision. Identify, investigate, evaluate and become proficient in emergent technologies and technical disciplines. Extraordinary analytical and design ability, very high degree of creativity; in depth knowledge of the business implications of technical approaches, directions and solutions; ability to innovate in highly complex technical areas, ability to achieve results, advanced project planning and coordination skills, superior communication skills, success in subordinate positions.
- Design, build and manage data platform, solutions, and interfaces in GCP or an equivalent public cloud provider
- Provide design criteria and solutions across multiple technologies and services
- Understand use cases for Cloud services and technologies providing recommendations for the business
- Participate in rotating on-call support process with other team members which requires temporary 24x7 availability
- Requires in depth knowledge of supported Cloud services, utilities, vendor products, applicable programming languages, diagnostic techniques, benchmarking methodologies for system monitoring and evaluation
- In depth knowledge of technology, storage, network, data and applications architectures and how those work in the Cloud
- Ability to communicate with various levels, including management and types of end users is required
- Maintain frequent interaction with internal and vendor technical staffs and project managers to ensure effective delivery of solutions in accordance with project timelines and associated budgets
- Provides input and recommendations regarding short- and long-range departmental planning for Cloud design
- Assists with the education and training of junior personnel in technology areas
AREA OF EXPERIENCE
- Must have 7+ years' experience in deploying technically complex infrastructure computing solutions across cloud platforms and services.
- Operational experience with Google Cloud Platforms or an equivalent Cloud provider Proven track record of project delivery results.
- The ability to work closely with business and management to understand their requirements is necessary.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively are essential.
- Previous application development coding, debugging, testing and delivery into a production environment are highly desirable.
- A solid understanding of cloud and service performance metrics and tools is highly desirable, to understand key performance indicators and their impact on performance.
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
- Preferred certification in one or more of the following: GCP, AWS, Azure
- College degree preferred but comparable industry experience acceptable
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- A willingness to learn and be innovative and proactively solve problems
- Capable of working effectively under a high pressure and demanding work environment.
- Capable of working effectively in a diverse, virtual team-oriented environment.
- Must be a self-starter and work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Must be customer-oriented and recognize the importance of customer service and meeting service level commitments.
- Must be committed to quality and timeliness of assigned deliverables and milestones
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
Some after-hours work will be required occasionally. Possible prolonged sitting at workstation. Some limited travel for training as required
ITG transforms healthcare and gives people healthier tomorrows. We deliver information technology strategy, support, and solutions. ITG improve and enhance patient care and business operations. We deliver services at administrative locations, data centers, and hospitals. The facilities we support are located in 20+ states and the United Kingdom. Our team works to move healthcare forward. We do this by seeking, embracing, developing, and delivering technology for patient care.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Good people beget good people.- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Consulting Cloud Architect opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.