Charlotte, NCJob Summary:
The Data Engineer is a critical member of the Tactegra Data Management and Governance, SyncPoint and Management by Fact teams. Senior Data Engineers may also lead Data Management and Governance teams. The Tactegra Data Engineer utilizes our proprietary accelerators to go beyond their analytical skills to design and build scalable solutions based on business requirements of our clients and the prescribed solutions of our architects. Tactegra Data Engineers specialize in a variety of areas to include ETL (extract, transformation, and load), reporting, visualization, analytics, modeling, and database solutions.
The Tactegra Data Engineers are experts in creating and maintaining the analytical infrastructure that enables all of the functions in the Tactegra data management and governance core competency. The Data Engineers conduct prescriptive and predictive modeling, build algorithms and prototypes, identify opportunities for data acquisition, while exploring ways to enhance data quality and reliability. They possess the ability to build processes that support verification, acquisition, mining, modeling, and transformation of data. In collaboration with other members of the Data Management and Governance team, the Data Engineers perform root cause analysis on external and internal processes and data to identify opportunities for improvement and answer relevant questions.
Salary is market competitive, commensurate with experience.Essential Functions:
- Experts in building infrastructure for optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data from various data sources.
- Strong knowledge and familiarity with technologies such as AWS and SQL.
- Technical expertise with data models, data mining, and segmentation technique.
- Expert in programming languages, especially Python and Java.
- Experience in conducting complex data analysis and report on results.
- Strong knowledge in visualization and reporting tools and techniques such as Tableau and Power BI.
- Collaborate with MBF team members to effectively present client solutions.
- Conduct industry research and recommend best practices.
Bachelor's degree or higher in business analysis or related field.Physical Requirements:
Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Tactegra is a Charlotte-based, minority-owned management consulting firm focused on helping clients achieve Operations Excellence in the government and financial services sectors. With over a decade of business operations experience, Tactegra is able to identify and address business problems with an invaluable perspective and a fine-tuned, time-tested set of skills.
We are committed to relentlessly working to achieve the right solutions for our clients. We dive deep into clients' challenges and take the time to fully understand and diagnose organizational issues before proposing solutions. As a result, our methods consistently achieve sustained efficiency and effectiveness, while simultaneously mitigating operational risks.