is a leading science-based agritech company; dedicated to bringing plant potential to life. Each of our 28,000 employees in more than 90 countries work together to solve one of humanity’s most pressing challenges: growing more food with fewer resources. A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace environment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture. Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. No matter what your position, you will have a vital role in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. Join us and help shape the future of agriculture.
We are seeking for a data scientist apprentice
, ideally for a 2 years apprenticeship. The position, located in Saint Sauveur (Toulouse area) is eligible to 2 days per week of home-working.About the role: data Science and analytics consultant role.
This role is ideal for a statistic/mathematic student looking for work experience in supporting a business take the next step in the predictive analytics space.
Syngenta business analytics dashboards compare current year performances and metrics with our last year ones, so we look backwards in order to evaluate our performance.
We want to develop a new set of dashboards in the predictive analytics space, able to forecast how we are performing versus how the market is expected to be, and we need powerful statistical tools and artificial intelligence ability to connect various data sources in a meaningful way to extract trends and forecasts.
In Syngenta we have access to a lot of data, including external datasets, government databases and many other sources, therefore it is critical to understand what data need to be used and how to connect them.
Some key activities:
- Support closely the Data Analytics Lead EAME helping with development, coding, ideas, available tools, etc
- Team-work mindset enabling the integration of data sources with technologies across functional boundaries.
- To collaborate and partner with key stakeholders in both IT and Business Analytics to deliver the next generation analytics requirements - Predictive analytics Models.
- Help drive the creation of new models and capabilities that will leapfrog from the traditional approach and accelerate new ways of thinking.
- Analyze business requirements and processes and ultimately translating them in the predictive space through use cases, test cases, preparation of training data sets and iterative algorithm development.
- Implements Machine Learning systems and validate designs through a series of purpose-designed experiments.
- Report on technical issues or questions and make recommendations and collaborate with IT team to implement sustainable solutions.
- Constantly be on the lookout for ways to improve the dashboard reporting, discover issues and deliver better value to the users.
- Perform exploratory data analysis to determine missing data, trends and/or opportunities.
- Employ sophisticated analytical methods, machine learning and statistical methods to prepare data for use in predictive models.
- Discover new algorithms to solve problems and build programs to automate repetitive work if necessary.
- Build a benchmark using existing models that can potentially be customized for the project needs through the integration of the required variables.
- Ability to deploy the model in production giving the stake-holders access to the results in a manner that that the output is easily understood by the business.
- Perform exploratory data analysis (EDA) to determine how to handle missing data and to look for trends and/or opportunities including identifying which data is important.