The Data Engineer will take data from disparate locations and normalize the data for usage in a Data Lake environment through JSON transforms. Work will be done in an AWS environment using industry standard and cloud native tools for this work.
Essential Job Functions:
- Translate business needs into a system design (adhering to an Agile delivery framework) with technical requirements.
- Design, build and test the conversion of JSON data files into Parquet entities for Data Lake development.
- Develop and test dimension and fact tables. Ensure tables adhere to data governance standards and naming conventions.
- Convert Oracle queries (SQL developer) into Athena views to serve as the data sources for Tableau reports.
- Execute testing plans ensuring data integrity and operational efficiency.
- Complete all required product documentation.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Due to the nature of this position and the information that employees will be required to access, U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Bachelor's degree in technology or the sciences, or industry-equivalent experience required.
- 2+ years of experience with S3 and Athena.
- 3+ years of experience with SQL.
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the workday.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will be required as a condition of hire.
Federal Data Systems, LLC offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Federal Data Systems, LLC (FEDDATA) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. That does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.