Job Requisition ID #
Research Engineer, Machine Learning
The Fusion 360 Machine Learning team is looking for a driven and naturally curious machine learning engineer who can hit the ground running in fast paced, complex environment. We are a small, agile research team that are intensely curious and passionate about the impact of artificial intelligence on the product design and manufacturing industry.
In this role, you will play a critical role in bridging the gap between software developers and machine learning researchers. You will pioneer technology that will be the backbone of this next generation of design and manufacturing software. You will be actively problem solving how we can accelerate progress on bringing cutting edge research to product and work collaboratively on working prototypes to show our customers and our leadership team. When the time comes to move any feature into product, you will be a strong interface with product engineering to plan the integration into Fusion 360. You are excited by the idea of working on a wide range of tasks from data curation to model tuning and validation to building compelling presentations to explain your results to a broad set of stakeholders.
- Understand business objectives and develop models that help to achieve them, along with metrics to track their progress
- Gather and process large batches of unique and varied data (3D geometry, 2D drawings, simulation output, and design workflow data)
- Build new pipelines for efficient data processing and verifying data quality
- Train models and tune their hyperparameters
- Analyze the errors of the model and design strategies to overcome them
- Research and implement best practices for scaling our ML operations
- Develop working prototypes to showcase and validate your solution
- Interface with relevant software development teams to take models to production
- Continually monitor AI research frontier and technology trends to identify opportunities for improvement or reinvention
- Regularly present progress to a broad base of stakeholders
- BS, MS, or PhD in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, or equivalent
- Great understanding of fundamental CS algorithms and their scaling behaviors
- Strong data modeling and data architecture skills
- Practical experience applying machine learning algorithms and libraries to a business problem
- Knowledge of standard deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow and PyTorch
- Excellent at communicating data and results effectively, both verbally and visually
- Strong documentation skills in the hand off of code and software architecture
- A self-starter with initiative to search for solutions and execute on problems with minimal supervision
- Comfortable working in newly forming ambiguous areas where learning and adaptability are key skills
- Ability to break down a large problem into small components and provide a clear solution for each
- Experience with cloud data processing, training, deployment, or operations (e.g. AWS, GCP)
- Knowledge of the design and manufacturing industry
- Experience with Autodesk or competitive products (CAD, CAE, CAM, etc.)
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers .