Requisition ID: 171483
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Manager, Business Banking Analytics is accountable for managing data ETL, data feed preparation & reporting and BI related tasks for Scotiabank Small Business and Commercial government relief programs. The incumbent leverages his/her subject matter expertise on data, project management, database architecture, reporting and analytical tools to provide timely and accurate reporting by collaborating and providing solutions to multiple business partners. They work with IT, Enterprise Data warehouse and other internal and external data providers to provide sound data infrastructure for regulatory reporting, portfolio management and analytics.
- Champion a customer-focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems, and knowledge.
- Lead the creation of daily, weekly and monthly reporting of CEBA loan transactions to senior management and regulatory bodies incl. the Government of Canada
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with key business leaders and other stakeholders internal and external to the organization such as Collection, Audit, product groups and external partners
- Participate in in regular planning and status meetings with government stakeholders to understand latest update on data requirements
- Lead data reconciliation and audit with internal parties and external stakeholders
- Analyse and implement data quality control processes to overcome any discrepancies/errors
- Work closely with data warehouse and IT teams to manage development of analytical infrastructure comprising of databases, data infrastructure and analytical tools to provide sound infrastructure for reporting, portfolio management, analytics, segmentation and statistical modeling. Ensure data enhancement initiatives are appropriately prioritized and implemented on time and budget
- Lead automation of reports on an ongoing basis in order to increase productivity, efficiency and accuracy of MIS ensuring business stakeholders are minimizing time spent on repetitive or manual tasks.
- Utilize Business Intelligence methodology to interpret, synthesize and deliver timely reporting & analyses; monitor portfolio activities; Airflow experience is nice to have for scheduling and automation purposes.
- Continuously acquire and enhance knowledge of business/product strategies, reporting tools, technical processes and advanced analytical tools/methodologies in order to best provide business solutions to all key constituents
- Effectively manage and prioritize multiple business initiatives, projects and ad-hoc reporting needs with business stakeholders and/or external partners/consultants.
- 4+ years experience in Analytics or MIS/BI Reporting
- 4+ years experience in programming, ETL management in EDL environment and/or data warehousing
- Proficient in Python and SQL
- Previous project management experience and can collaborate with cross functional teams
- Working knowledge of Hadoop, Big Data, Data Lake, Hive, Spark
- Proficient in BI tools such as PowerBI or Tableau
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills essential with clients, vendors and management
- Excellent organization skills to prioritize, manage, and implement a variety of competing initiatives, on a concurrent or staggered basis
- Experience in Business Banking (Commercial/Small Business) an asset
- University Degree in Computer Science, Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Engineering or Statistics
- Master in Analytics, quantitative areas, MBA - preferred
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: for every future, we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.