Customer Analytics Data Scientist
- 18 Month Fixed Term Contract (20000V2K)Customer Analytics Data Scientist18 months FTCSainsbury’s Bank, EdinburghIn a nutshell
Sainsbury’s Bank is in the enviable position of having access to a rich retail dataset, shopping data from millions of Sainsbury’s customers. Making best use of this data, alongside our bank customer data, is the key to providing our customers with the best products, prices, and experiences.What you need to do
The role of Customer Analytics Data Scientist is to join a small team exploring and analysing the Sainsbury’s shopper data to unlock value across a number of business areas. The projects you work on will lead to the development of critical new systems and approaches, turning your ideas into real life solutions that create a great customer experience.
The role is required to use robust data analysis techniques against the rich Sainsbury’s Bank customer data and the prospect Nectar data to better understand our customers and shoppers. The insight developed will be used by the business to improve the product offering, as well as to improve acquisition, cross-sales and retention activity, ultimately leading to a better customer offering and experience.
Understanding the Business
- Developing solid knowledge and understanding of the business products and marketing strategies
- Proposing analysis solutions to support the business needs
Carrying out Data Analysis
- Using analysis and data mining methods to find analysis insights from our banking, retail, and other datasets, with particular focus on customer purchase, transaction and behaviour
- Proactively identifying and investigating new analysis opportunities
- Delivering ad hoc analytical projects and/or research as required
What you need to know and showSkills
- Documenting and communicating your work to stakeholders across the business.
- A degree or MSc in Mathematics or Statistics or similar quantitative field.
- Programming experience, for example R, Python, SQL, SAS
- Highly numeric, with proven analytical and problem solving skills, and attention to detail.
- A good understanding of, and experience with, a range of statistical learning techniques
- Well-organised and able to prioritise workload in line with tight deadlines and work effectively under pressure
Colleague Conduct Rules
- Experience in a data analysis role
- Excellent team working skills with the ability to work closely with others to deliver results
- Strong communication skills, being able to explain complex analytical findings to a variety of audiences
- Knowledge of banking and finance (preferred)
The individual performing this role is expected to adhere to the conduct rules as specified by our regulators (PRA and FCA).Our benefits
In addition to the all-important salary, pension & bonus offering, we totally get that life outside work is important to us all. So we want to shout out some of our other great benefits…
A little about us & our culture
- We offer flexible working to help you achieve a good work/life balance
- Opportunity to buy extra holidays is on the table
- Discounts on your weekly shop, buying a laptop or sofa? We’ve got it covered through your Sainsbury’s, Argos and Habitat store discount card
- Cycle to work scheme and great coffee and cake!
We’re proud of our heritage as the UK’s first supermarket bank. As digital technology drives the banking landscape we want to be at the cutting edge of this technology, offering award winning innovative digital banking products to our customers.Technology is where we see our growth therefore we need innovators to join us and drive the next phase of our evolution.
We’re a friendly bunch who collectively share a passion to make our customers’ financial lives easier. As part of the wider Sainsbury’s Group, being one of the UK’s most trusted brands, it brings our colleagues a wealth of opportunities to fulfil their potential.Here, you can be part of something bigger and help to create a new approach that puts the customer at the heart of everything we do.
Everyone is welcome at the Sainsbury’s Group, and we’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer that champions a diverse and inclusive culture that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. If you’re interested in applying and are excited about working with us, but are unsure if you have the right skills and experience – we’d still love to hear from you! Apply today and we’ll be in touch (we’re also happy to discuss flexible working options (including part time)
As this role involves working within a regulated environment any offer will be subject to satisfactory background checks including criminal record check, credit check, fraud check and employment references.
Sainsburys Bank Lochside Sainsbury's Bank 3 Lochside Avenue Edinburgh EH12 9DJ