At Trade Republic, we offer to our members commission-free access to the capital markets, which means that data is at the centre of everything we do. Our Engagement Analytics team is responsible for understanding our onboarded customers' interactions with our products. That ranges from figuring out different usage patterns within our app to predicting future trading behaviour to doing an ad-hoc analysis on holding periods of different instrument types.
Our Data Scientists work closely with both business stakeholders as well as our core banking teams, condensing the raw data from our banking platform into actionable insights used to make decisions on new product partnerships, customer service, app design or customer engagement campaigns.
For a Senior role, we expect you to independently execute larger projects with multiple stakeholders and come up with your own data project proposals as well.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Partner with the Instrument & Market Data teams to improve Trade Republics product offering from the perspective of providing
- Create data models to understand the impact of a broader product offering on the number of new customers, retention and trading activity
- Categorize instruments into distinct groups such as high-risk vs. stable or niche vs mass-market by using both quantitative data like prices as well as text data like news or company descriptions
- Make sure we always A/B test new features and design and execute these tests together with our experimentation team
- Work cross-functional: be involved in the roadmap decisions of Backend and Product teams to make sure we provide our data perspective and are up-to-date with their plans
- Perform ad-hoc analyses to answer business questions or generate data sets
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- At least 2 years of data science experience
- Independence: You execute larger projects with multiple stakeholders with little guidance.
- Business sense: You are excited about our value proposition, understand the core business challenges we are facing as a company and always think about improving it.
- Value creation mindset: You are curious about what is behind the data, and define, challenge and question the required analyses, its insights and proactively develop proposals to improve the business.
- Strong communication skills: You translate complex insights into easy to digest information towards business and technical stakeholders.
- Data science methods: You are experienced in using advanced statistical methods for categorization and prediction in Python or R. You have worked with mostly quantitative data, text data is a plus.
- Data processing: You are used to working with raw events data that requires cleaning and transformations, which you solve efficiently.
- Outcome focus: The models you create are made for production rather than one-off analysis and with the help of data engineers you are able to integrate them into existing data pipelines.
- Fluent in English
- Create an impact at Europe's fastest growing fintech to disrupt brokerage
- Grow through close collaboration within a team full of experienced and highly driven colleagues. Together, we will redefine how people invest their money
- We are a true technology company, investing all our resources in automation, technology and smart people - including attractive compensation
- Newest MacBook, Trackpad, Home Office equipment and great merchandise
- (Soon) an amazing office with own cafeteria, boat lane & 6000qm in Berlin Mitte
- Culture initiatives, e.g. weekly Meet Ups with the company, Founder Q&A sessions, coffee roulette, sport sessions, team event budget, events, fruits, amazing coffee
- Fully guided onboarding week (citizenship week) with > 25 business & culture workshops incl. barista session & fun events
- Sponsored premium memberships at Urban Sports Club and Calm
- Corporate benefits with discounts on more than 600 brands
Trade Republic embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.