Google will be prioritizing applicants who have a current right to work in Singapore, and do not require Google's sponsorship of a visa.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of operational or program management experience (i.e. abuse or policy management, experience implementing and operationalizing strategies).
- 2 years of experience working with analytical tools and/or data analysis (e.g. SQL, Python, Business Intelligence/dashboards).
- Ability to work on a rotating basis, including weekend coverage.
- Experience with fraud detection and investigations.
- Experience working cross-functionally with product, engineering, sales, and other functions, and successfully facilitating for solutions and resources.
About the job
Trust & Safety team members are tasked with identifying and taking on the biggest problems that challenge the safety and integrity of our products. They use technical know-how, excellent problem-solving skills, user insights, and proactive communication to protect users and our partners from abuse across Google products like Search, Maps, Gmail, and Google Ads. On this team, you're a big-picture thinker and strategic team-player with a passion for doing what’s right. You work globally and cross-functionally with Google engineers and product managers to identify and fight abuse and fraud cases at Google speed - with urgency. And you take pride in knowing that every day you are working hard to promote trust in Google and ensuring the highest levels of user safety.
At Google we work hard to earn our users’ trust every day. Gaining and retaining this trust is critically important to Google’s success. We defend Google's integrity by fighting spam, fraud, and abuse, and develop, communicate, and enforce state-of-the-art product policies. The Trust and Safety team reduces risk and protects the experience of our users and business partners in more multiple languages and across Google's expanding base of products. We work with a variety of teams from Engineering to Legal, Public Policy and Sales to set policies and combat fraud and abuse in a scalable way, often with an eye to finding industry-wide solutions. Trust and Safety team members are problem solvers first, motivated to find innovative solutions and use technical know-how, user insights, and proactive communication to pursue the highest possible quality and safety standards for users across Google products.
Google creates products and services that make the world a better place, and gTech’s role is to help bring them to life. Our teams of trusted advisors support customers globally. Our solutions are rooted in our technical skill, product expertise, and a thorough understanding of our customers’ complex needs. Whether the answer is a bespoke solution to solve a unique problem, or a new tool that can scale across Google, everything we do aims to ensure our customers benefit from the full potential of Google products.
To learn more about gTech, check out our video.
- Collaborate with cross-functional groups such as Product Management, Engineering, Sales, and Legal to drive projects that increases users' safety and provide better online experience through Google Ads.
- Conduct complex queries and analyses, build visual models, and construct presentations on abuse trends to aid in fraud prevention and influence change in existing abuse detection systems.
- Identify opportunities/sources for signals, automation, and workflow improvements.
- Conduct investigations to catch fraudsters, enforce our product policies, learn spam patterns/trends, and identify product vulnerabilities (may be occasionally exposed to some adult content and other somewhat disturbing content during the process).
- Provide coverage periodically for issues and escalations.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.