Does it really bother you when people mistake correlation for causality? Are you passionate about experimentation, with an insatiable appetite for learning, and curiosity to figure out the how and the why? Check this opening out 👀
Challengermode was founded in 2014 with the mission to make esports truly accessible. Today, we're running a platform that provides the fundamental online esports infrastructure to all the key stakeholders in the industry including players, organizers, and game developers.
We're building a digital gaming arena for the 21st century. Large and small scale, national or international competitions at their very best.
About the job
In this role you'll be part of a team responsible for driving growth across our key metrics spanning acquisition, engagement, retention, and monetization.
The role as analyst involves both hands-on work, as well theoretical application of statistical models, data classification, data modeling and analysis.
This is a technical role first and foremost, but calls on you to apply both hard and soft skills in order to generate meaningful insights and turn those into real customer value.
- You will work in a mission-driven, cross-functional product team, collaborating closely with a product manager, engineers, and designers to deliver product outcomes.
- You'll be a part of the Growth & Data group within the company, driving data-informed decision making and providing analysis to key stakeholders across the company.
- Drive qualitative and quantitative user research to inform product decisions.
- Collect, structure and synthesize data from various sources in order to perform statistical modeling and data analysis
- Work with our in-house data analysis tool to perform ad-hoc queries, Power BI, Metabase and Google sheets/Excel.
- Create documentation, accessible data visualizations and deliver effective presentations of findings and key insights, with concrete recommendations to the team or other stakeholders across the company.
As a person, you’re a systems thinker and can reason from first principles, tackling problems from various angles paired with an ability to ask the right questions in order to get the right information.
You enjoy working in an environment with a lot of freedom and are self-sufficient but equally adept at collaborating and influencing others without formal authority.
- University degree in statistics, computer science or similar
- Proficient in English
- Proficient in languages such as MSSQL and Python.
- Experience in software such as R and spreadsheet software.
- Experience in experimentation frameworks and tackle problems by hypothesis testing
- Experience in data analysis, statistical modeling, data classification of structured and unstructured datasets
- Experience in collaborating with Engineers and Product Managers in order to generate product insights
- Experience in in breaking down business or product-level goals into measurable metrics
- Bonus points if you have worked in gaming or esports!
- Bonus points if you have worked with ETL / ETL and data transformation.
- Bonus points if you have experience with both qualitative and quantitative user research.
We're looking forward to hearing from you!