Senior Data Analyst- Bank of Ireland - Republic of Ireland
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Bank of Ireland are delighted to be hiring Senior Data Analyst to join our Strategic Analytics team!
Strategic Analytics create data-driven solutions to support the business. We collaborate with other specialists in a hub and spoke network, spread capability awareness and develop new talent.
The team is built on three pillars: strategic value prioritisation, design thinking and agile delivery.
Join us and accelerate the adoption of analytics to transform the bank, engage our customers and deliver value!
Who are We?
Working with the Chief Data & Analytics Officer (CDAO), the Strategic Analytics team is responsible for the development and execution of the Bank's data analytics strategy.
The role holder will deliver value-prioritised analytics projects that are closely aligned to the Groups strategic ambition in a scrum team on behalf of internal customers; and contribute to identifying appropriate framework tools and standards to enable Bank of Ireland to become a data driven organisation at all levels of the company.
What is the opportunity?
This is a Group role to support technical solution delivery for strategic analytics projects, realising the value of our Enterprise Data. You will craft, develop and deliver solutions using the newest technologies in data exploration, modelling and visualisation.
You will have an opportunity to partner with the business on a wide variety of projects, collaborating on appropriate ways of working and proposing new methodologies.
Build high quality data visualisations and predictive models autonomously to provide insight into business process and strategy for Senior Leaders.
Engage partners, and challenge requirements, to respond to critical business issues, and support the organisation's strategy and values
Collaborate with colleagues from across the Bank to eliminate silos, to drive the adoption of the Enterprise Data Warehouse & Enterprise Data Lake and to share best practice
Contribute to a creative data driven culture centred on an agile environment, problem solving and design thinking
Promote awareness of analytics, emerging industry trends (inc. regulation) and a digital future
Support the Community of Practice, Inclusion & Diversity, and our shared Group values and purpose
Prioritise continuous personal development by pursuing Analytics Institute Data Scientist certification.
Use sophisticated analytics to provide insight into the customer base, developing independent important metrics such as customer activity, product penetration, share of wallet and transactional behaviour preferences.
Conducts data science related engineering to build new data marts and productionised data features
Who are You
- Third Level qualification, in mathematics, science, statistics, finance, IT, or another relevant field
Essential Skills / Experience
- 3+ years of experience in data analytics, including statistical model development such as logistic regression, CHAID, neural networks or machine learning
- Deep technical skills including working with large datasets, relational databases and experience with at least one of SQL, Tableau, Python, R, SAS
- The ability to challenge the status quo and support reengineering of process and use of data for business benefit
- Ability to take ownership of deliverables and work on own initiative or as part of a team
- Ability to successfully build relationships with clients, partners, and senior leadership
- Good communication, presentation and business partner skills to work effectively with wider CDAO, finance, front-line business, marketing and risk teams
- Strong interpretative and analytical skills, with the confidence to provide a professional, objective and independent viewpoint
- Experience of delivery to challenging targets with a demonstrable ability to handle competing deadlines
- High energy, bias for action, drive for results, strong resilience and focus on execution excellence
Desirable Skills / Skills
- Experience in Financial Services Data Analytics
- Previous experience with an agile environment, value prioritisation and design thinking
- Previous experience with Teradata, Tableau and Cloudera platforms
- Strong SQL & data integration background, accessing data from disparate systems, as well as cleansing and enriching existing data through the use of techniques such as fuzzy matching and sources like APIs
- Understanding of process flow, data management, GDPR and data lineage concepts
Working at Bank of Ireland doesn't have to mean working in an office to have an impact. Our commitment to enabling colleagues to thrive means that depending on role type you can have choice and flexibility in where you work and live, subject to your role, customer needs and our requirements. We have a hybrid working model, with home, agile hub and office based options available. We will always list a primary location which can be where you go for in person collaboration, and a location where you can best perform your role.
This job can be done anywhere in the Republic of Ireland with the primary office location as Dublin to which travel will be required for in person collaboration.
Exact frequency to be agreed with manager.
Please note you must live in the jurisdiction for the business to which you are contracted.