For our client, a leading international pharmaceutical company with a site in Basel, we are looking or a motivated personality in the function of
Epidemiology/ Real World Data Analyst
The Global Epidemiology Pulmonary Hypertension (PH) Real World Data (RWD) Epicenter is a key partner with Global Medical Safety in the PH therapeutic area (TA) and across the broader real-world evidence (RWE) network, serves the research community by generating knowledge about disease, drug safety, healthcare service utilization, and the effects of medical products through the analysis of healthcare RWD. The position reports to the PH RWD Epicenter Group Leader.
- You will support the team in conducting real-world data research analyses in a rare disease using in-house databases incl. registries, HER/Health insurance claims as well as external data assets connected to the PH federated data network. The conduct of real-world data research is in close collaboration with the team's epidemiologists.
- Conduct of research projects in close collaboration with epidemiologists, data scientists, and clinical scientists includes development of analytical sections to the protocol / analytical plan. Cohort creation, code-list definition, statistical and database programming, interpretation of results including support to writing study reports / publication are specific tasks of the work.
- Support the PH federated data network expansion incl. evaluation of data assets to be onboarded, data mapping to the OMOP CDM including data quality checks, and data asset dashboard creation
- A graduate degree (Masters or PhD) in Biostatistics, Public Health, Epidemiology, Informatics or related field is required.
- At least 3 years' experience in data science / computer science, as well as statistical and database programming in R and SQL against large longitudinal patient-level observational healthcare or other real-world datasets. Strong epidemiology methods knowledge in research project development and conduct.
- Fluent in English, oral and written.
Place of work: Basel
Duration: 1 year, extension possible
Please apply online. For further information about the position, please contact: Mrs Diana Steinhauer (+41 61 270 80 16).