CREATOR OF WORLDS
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Since opening its doors in 2008, Ubisoft Singapore has become the biggest AAA game development studio in Southeast Asia. The 500-strong studio is home to 35+ different nationalities focused on delivering ambitious gaming experiences to our players. Ubisoft Singapore has been contributing to all the Assassin’s Creed® titles since Assassin’s Creed® II. It innovated within the franchise as the studio behind the naval battle gameplay and water technology in Assassin’s Creed® III, Assassin’s Creed® IV Black Flag® and most recently in Assassin’s Creed® Valhalla. Its expertise in AAA and live operations, combined with a passion for naval gameplay, pushed the team to lead the development of Skull and Bones™ revealed at E3 in 2017.
YOUR DAILY ADVENTURE
As a Data Analyst, you will serve as an advisor and help various stakeholders understand hidden trends, identify opportunities, and help them make strategic business decisions. We need you to be an expert in gathering and interpreting data to solve complex problems, and also entails communicating your finding.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
In three months:
- You will be familiar with the services, tools, and processes used to collect in-game data.
- You will have a very good understanding of business metrics for AAA games.
- You have proven a very good understanding of predictive analytics and used your programming skills to build and train basic machine learning models.
- You have contributed to educational programs for the studio by presenting and writing articles on the use of data.
In six months:
- You have built a solid relationship with key stakeholders and working closely with designers implementing data tracking in the game.
- You have contributed positively to the improvement of several game features through the use of data.
- You have developed and implemented several prediction models to improve the player experience
- You have contributing to the reporting platform of the game with insights and new modules
In twelve months:
- You have contributed significantly to new business development initiatives
- You have shown a consistent commitment to improving products, processes and services
- You have gained a deep understanding on how to use machine learning algorithms to improve retention and enhance player experience
- You have acquired all the necessary skills to support live game operations
- Design and implementation of data tracking in the game
- Development of reports and insights to support designers decisions
- Usage of machine learning algorithms to predict player behavior, enhance the player experience and improve business KPI’s
- Collaborate with the player knowledge team in understanding player behavior and motivations
- Build effective working relationships with game designers and producers
- Build a strong understanding of Ubisoft data ecosystems
- Become one of the ambassadors of the studio data culture program
WHAT YOU BRING
- You should have at least 3 years of experience in marketing analytics, business analytics or data science related projects.
- A strong background in a technical area: Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Business Analytics, Economics.
- You should be a highly motivated self-starter with a proven track record of project delivery, team leadership, and business growth.
- You have a passion for detail, data technologies and statistics in general.
- It would be a distinct advantage to have hands-on experience in the analysis of a broad variety of digital data (web, social, game data, for example).
- You should be culturally flexible and enjoy working with teams from across different countries, and comfortable with traveling if required.
- Good communication skills.
Technical Requirements (must have):
- Good understanding of Data Warehouse and Hadoop ecosystems
- Highly proficient in writing complex SQL queries.
- Strong skills in Python or R for analytical purposes.
- Experience in Machine Learning or Statistical Modelling is highly valued.
Other skills which will be helpful but not required include:
- Software engineering skills in other programming languages.
- Skills with visualization and reporting tools (Tableau, D3.js).
Additionally please include any links to any GitHub Repositories or any Open Source Projects you have contributed to, as well as your Kaggle Competitions profile if applicable.
WHAT YOU’LL ENJOY
Check out our list of perks and benefits here: https://www.ubisoftsingapore.com/
JOIN THE SQUAD
Making games is serious business, but it's very important for us to have fun while creating awesome worlds so that we can convey the same sense of joy to millions of players in the world.
Come on board and experience #LifeAtUbi for yourself, we are always on the lookout for talents who thrive in bringing their A-game to work. If this sounds like you, shoot us your resume, portfolio, and anything else to show that you’re serious about fun!
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.