- Initial 3 month contract with possible 2 x 12 month extensions
- QLD state government dept.
- Will suit experienced data analyst
This role will support the team to improve data quality, build dashboards, perform analytics and to inform business decisions. The Data Analyst will support data driven decisions through the provision of data, insights and recommendations to stakeholders both within and outside the branch.
- Analyse data from an existing booking system to determine volumes to be migrated to the new application and identify any data quality issues
- Liaise with the vendor to undertake data mapping for the new system where the vendor provides templates for staging entities
- Design the data migration process including remediation of low-quality data, extract jobs (from multiple source systems), transformation processes and migration audit logs.
- Use SQL tools to extract data from an Oracle database, transform the data and load it into a template provided by the vendor of the new system
- Undertake testing and validation activities
- Work with the Lead Analyst to effectively manage technical risks, issues, conflicts and priorities to complete work within the required deadlines
- Demonstrated experience in data management including knowledge of data management practices
- Demonstrated experience using SQL tools to extract data and with Oracle databases
- Data mapping, transformation and quality experience
- Experience working with vendors to provide transformed data into provided templates
- Ability to work with a team to plan and prioritise activities and deliver to agreed time frames