USA, Louisville, KY
JOB POSTING TITLE
Senior Data Scientist
The Senior Data Scientist will be responsible for leading data mining and analytics projects to derive actionable insights from appliance-generated data. The successful candidate will be proficient in a variety of machine learning techniques and statistical computer languages and possess a strong passion for working with stakeholders to uncover hidden insights from large data sets. As an integral member of the Rapid OTA Update team, the successful candidate will deliver descriptive and predictive analytical models to the business that will be leveraged to enhance the efficiency of the team and augment the ownership experience of our customers.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Lead projects to clean, organize and analyze data sets comprised of appliance-generated data.
- Work with appliance domain experts to identify opportunities for leveraging usage data to drive improved analytics outcomes.
- Apply machine learning techniques to appliance-generated data to produce descriptive and predictive diagnostic models.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement developed models on supported platforms (PC, mobile, and cloud) and monitor outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- Construct compelling data visualizations to allow discovered insights to be disseminated across the organization.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Master’s or PhD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or related quantitative field.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in the data science domain, manipulating data sets and building statistical models.
- Ability to distill complex project insights into clear summaries with data visualizations and present to senior management.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (SAS, R, Python, SQL, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, boosting, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests, and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Strong problem-solving skills, with an emphasis on analyzing complex system interactions.
- Excellent written, and verbal communications skills.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.