On our mission of transforming established enterprises into agile network organizations, we are looking for a Senior Data Engineer (f/m/d) in Madrid.
You would be joining the Analytics team, a group of data scientists and Tableau wizards. This team has created some impressive dashboards and data visualizations, designed to deliver invaluable insights to our customers about how their companies are performing.
The team is looking for a senior data engineer who will help define, implement and maintain the data architecture. The goal is to empower your team to prototype and ship incredible dashboards in Tableau, with accurate and fresh data.
We already make heavy use of Postgres, and have some Python pipelines in place. We plan to start orchestrating these pipelines with a tool such as Airflow. We think it’s early for us to roll out a distributed computing platform such as Spark, though all aspects of our data architecture are still under discussion and can be shaped by you.
Workpath is expanding beyond its headquarters in Munich, and is building teams in Madrid and Berlin. You would be one of the first remote employees to join!
In this role you will
- Design and refine a data architecture in collaboration with data scientists and backend engineers
- Implement this data architecture, building out key components of the data, transformation and aggregation layer
- Collaborate with data scientists and analysts to build new visualizations and derive new insights for our customers
- Shape quality assurance and testing processes in partnership with a QA engineer
- Senior-level experience, meaning you have knowledge and experience that you can apply to solve the problems laid out above
- Good communication skills, since a fair share of this job is about aligning between different teams and stakeholders
- Proficient in coding in at least one language, preferably Python or Scala
- Experience with Postgres, Tableau, Airflow is a plus
- Experience with backend web development is a plus, for occasional Tableau integration tasks
What you can expect
- Be part of a value-driven, interdisciplinary team and shape the growing company with us
- Start a great learning journey and enhance your personal growth in an exciting space
- Co-working budget: We sponsor a shared office space of your choosing for up to 250€/month
- Paid trips to Munich for meeting and having beers with your team (once traveling is OK again)