Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Experience working in data analysis or related field (e.g., statistician, data scientist, computational biologist, bioinformatician).
- Experience in coding (e.g., C/C++, Python, Java), querying databases (e.g., SQL, MySQL) and statistical analysis (e.g., R, Stata, SPSS or SAS).
- PhD degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., statistics, operations research, bioinformatics, economics, computational biology, computer science, mathematics, physics, electrical engineering, industrial engineering).
- Experience analyzing large data sets and distributed computing using Python and other quantitative and statistical modeling technologies and tools.
- Experience designing, building and evaluating statistical/machine learning models.
About the job
At Google, data drives all of our decision-making. Quantitative Analysts work all across the organization to help shape Google's business and technical strategies by processing, analyzing and interpreting huge data sets. Using analytical excellence and statistical methods, you mine through data to identify opportunities for Google and our clients to operate more efficiently, from enhancing advertising efficacy to network infrastructure optimization to studying user behavior. As an analyst, you do more than just crunch the numbers. You work with Engineers, Product Managers, Sales Associates and Marketing teams to adjust Google's practices according to your findings. Identifying the problem is only half the job; you also figure out the solution.
The YouTube Data Science team's mission statement: improving decisions at YouTube with science.
You will be part of an analyst team that influences and informs YouTube’s product and engineering leadership teams. We have a long history of working on projects that are at the heart of the business and have a seat at the table when it comes to the decisions that drive YouTube's continued success.
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun — and we do it all together.
- Provide data science expertise to the YouTube platform, helping product/engineering teams build tools to train and evaluate classifiers at scale for YouTube.
- Design efficient ways to sample and collect labels for training and model evaluation data.
- Measure classifier performance and label quality; and evaluate classifier fairness.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.