At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
Ford Pro is a new global business within Ford committed to commercial customer productivity. Ford Pro delivers a work-ready suite of vehicles, accessories and services for virtually every vocation, backed by technology and engineered for uptime. A true one-stop shop, offering a full portfolio of electrified and internal combustion vehicles designed to integrate seamlessly with the Ford Pro ecosystem, helping customers' businesses thrive today and into the new era of electrification.
We are looking for Data Engineers that are also passionate about software and cloud engineering, to build the next-gen data services - based on the latest big data cloud technologies.What You’ll Be Able To Do
As a Data engineer in the Data Platforms and Analytics Team you will communicate and collaborate with architects, product managers and feature teams to provide core-platform components that support the creation, pipelining and consumption of data and telemetry. You will be designing, coding and testing data pipelines and models, as well as the production processes around them, such as deployment and health-monitoring.In This Position, You Will
The Minimum Requirements We Seek
- Work on a small agile team to deliver working, tested software.
- Design and implement new features and enhancements to our platform that require hard real-time constraints and elegant, yet powerful software solutions at scale.
- Ship high-quality, well-tested, secure, and maintainable code.
- Participate in design discussions about new features and ensure real-time technology integrates seamlessly with other pieces of the platform
- Work collaboratively and communicate effectively with engineering and product teams.
- Investigating and integrating new workloads, technologies, etc., and working with stakeholders to apply the required changes.
- Participating in team’s live-site activities.
Our Preferred Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Analytics, or related field or a combination of education and equivalent experience.
- 2+ years working on Big Data and Data pipelines.
- 2+ years’ experience with a high-performance programming language (GoLang, Java, C++, Python etc.).
- 2+ years’ Experience with big data technologies such as Azure Data Lake, GCP Big Query, Databricks, Spark, Hadoop, Kafka, SQL and NO-SQL databases, etc.
What You’ll Receive In Return
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Analytics, or related field or a combination of education and equivalent experience.
- Passionate about designing elegant Extraction, transform and Load (ETL) pipelines.
- Expertise and experience in building Large Data Lakes and data warehouses.
- Experience using advanced software configuration management (source control, DevOps, continuous integration/continuous deployment, etcetera).
- Experience with software operations (DevOps, Site Reliability Engineering, Observability, Support and maintenance).
- Experience with enterprise security, governance, compliance, data quality, etc.
- Advanced BI dashboard design & development.
- Experience in enterprise data warehouse system design & implementation.
- Familiar with Machine Learning and AI technologies/tools is a big plus.
- Business domain expertise in areas of sales, marketing, supply chain, finance and/or HR.
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford’s benefits and compensation, click here:
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combating COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.