Who We Are:
Valor Equity Partners is an operational growth investment firm focused on non-control and control investments in high growth companies across various stages of development. For decades, we have served our companies with unique expertise to solve the challenges of growth and scale. We partner with leading companies and entrepreneurs who are committed to the highest standards of excellence and the courage to transform their industries. Our values are core to all we do. Those values are excellence, humility, integrity, and responsibility.
Valor Equity Partners is a different kind of private equity firm. We invest in technology and technology-enabled companies that innovate and disrupt existing industries — from biosciences to transportation to food to health and wellness. We’ve had the honor of serving some of the world’s greatest entrepreneurs and companies. Today, we work side-by-side with great companies solving the world’s biggest problems, companies like SpaceX, Anduril, HackerOne, Cloud9, and others.
About the Team:
Valor Labs is an internal facing software product team committed to gathering data and identifying signals to support the investment process. As a member of the Valor Labs team you’ll contribute towards a well-built internal software application for generating investment insights. As a team, our mission is to build tools that augment our investment teams’ ability to make great decisions.
About the Role:
- You will build and maintain machine learning models used throughout the investment process.
- You will leverage various datasets to deliver internal insights and feed machine learning models.
- You will learn from a wide variety of engineers who are passionate about building great software.
- You will have autonomy to help shape the future of software engineering at Valor by bringing your ideas on improving and automating what we do and how we do it.
We’re excited about candidates that have…
- 2+ years of experience building production models/systems, including significant contributions that you can speak to
- Experience deploying machine learning models and/or building an MLOps pipeline
- Exceptional Python coding skills
- Ability to work autonomously and take ownership of project direction
- Deep knowledge of the following: common PyData packages (Pandas, Scikit-Learn, Matplotlib, etc.), traditional ML (especially boosted tree algorithms like XGBoost and Light GBM) and loud platforms (AWS, Azure or GCP)
- Additionally, experience with any of the following is a bonus: big data processing (Spark, Dask), quantitative finance, time-series modeling, leveraging NLP to extract features from text data and deep learning frameworks (Tensorflow or Pytorch)
Our Tech Stack:
- Frontend: React
- Backend: Python, Fast API, Postgres, BigQuery
- Tooling: Google Cloud Platform, Github
- Data Processing: Apache Spark, Apache Kafka
You’ll love working at Valor because…
- Our culture, values and team
- We are a small team within an elite organization committed to success
- You’ll be part of shaping the direction of a brand-new data product
- Free lunch, great snacks and other employee perks
- Excellent healthcare and dental coverage, currently covered 100% by Valor
- Remote / flexible work, although we do value gathering in Valor offices once a month