Data Scientist – Advanced Process Control
Janssen Supply Group, LLC, a member of Johnson & Johnson's family of companies, is recruiting for a Scientist for Advanced Process Control to be based in Spring House PA, Titusville NJ, Cork Ireland, Schaffhausen Switzerland, Leiden Holland.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals Companies of Johnson & Johnson are dedicated to addressing and solving the most important unmet medical needs of our time, including in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious disease, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Our products portfolio comprised of pharmaceuticals, biologics and combination products. Driven by our commitment to patients, we develop sustainable, integrated healthcare solutions by working side-by-side with healthcare stakeholders, based on partnerships of trust and transparency. Janssen Supply Group, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson.
The Scientist for Advanced Process Control will contribute to machine learning based techniques for integration into commercial processes and deployment of real-time multivariate models for process monitoring and process control. Specifically, the Scientist will develop mathematical algorithms to describe process performance and use these models to optimize production output across several metrics. Models will be implemented in pilot and commercial scale manufacturing. The position will also include investigational support for identifying process improvement initiatives and/or root cause analysis. The Scientist will have experience in modeling applied to life science or pharmaceutical processes or similar related experience.
The competencies requirements include:
Ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines while managing changing priorities to meet customer’s needs. Work independently on projects that will be both strategic and tactical in nature. Ability to provide strategic direction using innovation and creative solutions. Use effective internal/external influencing, interpersonal skills, negotiation, and conflict management skills to resolve relationship and project issues.Qualifications
- Advanced degree in Chemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or similar related scientific field.
- Ability to develop novel models, algorithms, and visualization tools to enable scalable solutions that support optimal performance of large molecule manufacturing processes.
- Experience collaborating with data engineers and IT architects to establish data infrastructure needs and to ensure data quality standards are maintained.
- Proficiency with multivariate statistics, algorithm design, and predictive AI/ML modeling.
- Prior knowledge and experience with opensource or commercially available packages such as Python, R, MATLAB, SIMCA.
- Prior knowledge of any of the following are strongly desirable: metabolic flux analysis, multivariate analysis, mechanistic modeling, chemometric modeling, Machine Learning, Statistical analysis.
- Knowledge of both upstream and downstream pharmaceutical cell culture processes.
- A minimum G.P.A. of 3.0 is strongly preferred.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the location for where the position is based and not require sponsorship for employment visa status.
- Demonstrated leadership is required.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize tasks and manage a dynamic workload, exhibit strong written and verbal interpersonal skills and interact with multi-functional project teams, management and vendors.
- Candidate must possess excellent technical communication and interpersonal skills. The ability to think creatively and work in a team environment is required.
- Candidates need to be proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel (including a high proficiency with generating pivot tables and graphs), and Power Point, and have strong oral and written communication skills. Additional technical proficiencies in SharePoint and other information technology systems are highly desirable, as is experience with PubMed databases and other literature databases.
- Up to 25% local and international travel required
United States-New Jersey-Raritan-1000 US HIghway 202Other Locations
Europe/Middle East/Africa-Ireland-Cork-Cork, United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House, Switzerland-Schaffhausen-SchaffhausenOrganization
JANSSEN SUPPLY GROUP, LLC (6046)Job Function