UWorld is a worldwide leader in online test prep for college entrance, undergraduate, graduate, and professional licensing exams throughout the United States. Since 2003, over a million students have trusted us to help them prepare for high-stakes examinations.
We are seeking a Data Engineer who is passionate about creating an excellent user experience and enjoy taking on new challenges. The Data Engineer will be responsible for the design, development, testing, deployment, and support of our Data Analytics and the Data warehouse platform.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 2+ years of experience as a Data Engineer with experience in Data Analysis, Data Validation, Data Cleansing, Data Verification, and presentation (Reports/Dashboards)
- Understanding of Data Warehousing, Data lake storage, Data pipelines/flow development and transformations
- Development experience with Python, Scala or Java
- Decent Experience with warehousing, analytics tools like Spark, Big Data Hadoop platform, Hive, Data Bricks/Cloudera, Apache NiFi, Airflow, Kafka etc.
- Experience working with databases (MSSQL/MySQL/PostgreSQL) and SQL, PL/SQL is a preferred
- Experience with deployment of Big data infrastructure and applications in Azure/AWS cloud (PaaS and DaaS)
- Preferred to have experience extracting data from variety of sources such as RESTful/JSON Web services, Flat file store, Social media and CRM tools (Copper, Salesforce, Hubspot)
- Good to have experience with REST API, Web Services, JSON, Build and Deployment pipelines (Maven, Ansible, Git) and Cloud environments (Azure, AWS, GCS) is preferred.
- Experience with Unix Shell scripting is a preferred
- Experience with NoSQL, Search (Solr, Elastic), Tableau is a plus.
- Strong understanding of storage, system, performance tuning, networking concepts and troubleshooting techniques
- Develop Data connectors, transformations, Data flow pipelines, and data warehouse
- Understand Data Services and Analytics needs across the organization and work on the Data warehouse and Reporting infrastructure to empower them with accurate information for decision making
- Develop and build a Data warehouse which aggregates data from multiple content sources including social media, CRM (Salesforce/Copper), web services (RESTful, JSON), flat-file stores, and databases
- Use Scripting or programming languages, ETL tools for data loading and transformations
- Develop, modify, and test algorithms that can be used in scripts to store, locate, cleanse, verify, validate, and retrieve specific documents, data, and information
- Develop analytics to understand product sales, marketing impact and application usage for current and future UWorld mobile products
- Work with QA engineers
Apply Now at Mustakbil.com
This job was originally posted on Mustakbil.com