The future you want is within reach
At PCL, we build the places where life happens and find camaraderie in the process. We’re a community of builders committed to building better communities. That’s why we’re always looking ahead, and not just to the next project or what’s next in our industry.
We’re also looking at what’s next for you and how we can help you build a career you’re proud of. As a Data Scientist at PCL, you will get the opportunity for challenging work assignments in a supportive work environment which promotes personal and professional growth.
One of our functions is data science: the application of modern data visualization techniques, machine learning techniques, and artificial intelligence to develop insights and address business challenges.
The successful candidate will work closely with professionals in widely varying disciplines to help deliver solutions that make our processes and systems smarter. We have a focus on custom digital product development, and on delivering value to our field personnel. You will be trained to use the innovative tech platforms on which we work.
- Responds to tier-three requests for technical support.
- Follows defined processes and standards.
- Investigates, troubleshoots, and resolves bugs with guidance.
- Maintains and performs technology upgrades on custom-built applications.
- Communicates project progress throughout development.
- Communicates issues and changes, and escalates when appropriate.
- Estimates time required for development tasks.
- Creates and executes unit tests.
- Performs developer testing prior to work submission.
- Maintains technical documentation.
- Develops and maintains strong, customer-focused relationships with all stakeholders.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in computer technology or related discipline.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate complex ideas and concepts clearly and concisely.
- Ability to think logically and analytically, and to constructively express ideas and concepts.
- Organizational and time management skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize own work.
- Ability to learn business processes and requirements for a project.
- Independently conducts effective meetings and presentations in support of various projects and deliverables.
- Basic knowledge and exposure to coding, debugging, and commenting code.
- Knowledge of:
- Object-oriented programming
- User interface development
- Analytical reporting tools
- Knowledge of current stacks.
- Ability to manage multiple products and solutions simultaneously.
- Results-oriented and able to meet deadlines.
- Ability to learn independently and stay current with new technologies.
PCL is an innovative, employee-owned company comprised of people who find passion in their profession and take pride in doing great work every day. Our work powers the infrastructure and utilities that are essential to daily life and our projects are the scene of vacations, careers, education and healing. We are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for because we are committed to supporting and developing our teams.
The PCL Companies celebrate diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating equitable opportunities and an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants. We make employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or veteran status.
Should you require an accommodation during the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the position and location you are interested in.
Safety is a core value that guides everything we do. As such, all PCL salary and student employees based in Canada are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees may request an exemption due to medical condition(s) and other applicable human rights grounds.
Together, we can build success and a better future. Let’s get started!
Target Start Date: 08/25/2022
Employee Status: Regular Full-Time
Company: PCL Industrial Management Inc.
Primary Location: Edmonton, Alberta (Ind Mgmt)
Job: Data Scientist