Job Title: Data EngineerLocation: Melbourne
- Help shape the future of how we use data to deliver powerful insights
- Collaborate with talented teams of data scientists, engineers and analysts
- Build and optimise tools and platforms to boost data practitioner productivity and data accessibility
As a Data Engineer ,
you will be responsible for building world class capability in your chapter. You’ll bring domain knowledge or deep expertise to the role, and be responsible for designing and creating data processing solutions that enable value from analytic models to drive rapid decision making.
is responsible for designing, creating and managing the data capability that enables our community to drive value from data when targeting customers for communications.
A key element of this is driving the data engineering agenda within the Australia Data
, ensuring delivery of best practice end-to-end data engineering respecting ANZ architecture standards.
You will challenge engineering practise in ANZ and influence change in your field to drive better business outcomes. To this end, you will implement smart and relevant data engineering to drive E2E application delivery and support the uplift of data engineering capability, while linking in to the wider Enterprise Analytics roadmap.What a typical day might look like
What will likely be in your toolkit?
- Attend stand-ups to progress your work and align with your team
- Work in collaborative teams to explore business initiatives and solutions
- Contribute to design patterns for on-premise and cloud environments
- Manage and develop a team, implementing workflow processes and communicating project expectations
- Forget the suit stereotype - we encourage you to dress for your day
- MS or BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or equivalent practical experience in Data Engineering
- A strong background in data processing and software engineering and can build high quality, scalable data products
- Strong Software Engineering experience with proficiency in at least one high-level programming language (Python, Java, Scala)
- Experience and proficiency in at least one high-volume data processing environment (Teradata, Oracle, Cloudera, BigQuery or equivalent)
- Extensive experience working within cross-functional, agile or continuous delivery teams
- Strong ability to translate data insights into practical business recommendations
You’re not expected to have 100% of these skills. At ANZ a growth mindset is at the heart of our culture and we actively encourage people to try new things. So if this role interests you and you feel you have most of these things in your toolbox, we’d love to hear from you.About ANZ
We’re reinventing the way we do banking, and our community of collaborative, innovative thinkers who create human centred solutions are helping us get there. We’re responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter and helping people achieve incredible things – be it buying their home, building a business or saving for things big or small.
We support our people by providing a range of flexible working options so they can work in the way that best suits them. We encourage you to talk to us about your need for flexibility and any adjustments you may require to our recruitment process or the role itself.
We’ll also offer you the opportunity to develop your career, working in a diverse and inclusive workplace where the different backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people are celebrated and create a great place to grow, thrive and belong.
Interested in joining us? Click Apply now, or visit www.anz.com/careers to find out more or view other opportunities.
Reference number AUS115562