The Senior Population Health Data Analyst analyzes claims, Electronic Medical Record, Health Information Exchange, and other data sources to identify opportunities for clinical improvement activities and coordinates directly with the leadership of the Population Health Services Organization to effectively communicate these opportunities to the participating physicians of the University of Maryland Quality Care Network.
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
1. Identify trends, opportunities and needs for physician practices by using the platform to improve overall actions and results
2. Provide recommendations of specific actions or work based on analysis and research.
3. Track the results of implemented recommendations for progress and impact
4. Identify early trends that illustrate opportunities to implement corrective actions
5. Make data-driven decisions based on standard health plan measures and physician group contract measures
6. Quantify return on investment (ROI) to illustrate the health plan programs' effectiveness
7. Work with industry standard data query and analysis tools to drive business decisions
8. Operate in a self-directed work environment to accomplish goals and initiatives
9. Work to implement dashboards for critical success metrics reporting and tracking on programs and implementation
10. Perform various ad-hoc analysis to drive business decisions across all functional business groups
11. Analyze, manipulate and extract data from a variety of relational databases.