We are the fastest growing Omni channel supermarket in the Netherlands. To keep up with our tremendous ambitions we are continuously improving and professionalizing our data & analytical capabilities. So, if you feel that you can help drive this improvement, then we are looking for you.
You will work within the Analytics department of Jumbo Tech Campus. Our ambition is developing a futureproof and robust data platform using state of the art technologies in empowering self-service BI & analytics, Mobile BI and support of modern machine learning and data science use cases.
As a Data Engineer you will design and set up our Azure data platform by creating end-to-end solutions for ingesting, processing, analyzing and presenting data to enable a data driven mindset. Together with your team, you manage the flow of structured and unstructured (big) data, coming from various sources, in Azure as well as work on a centralized cloud data platform (Data Core). Data Core is being developed and used across the entire Jumbo organization to create business value by delivering actionable insights. In close collaboration with the (internal) customer you will gather their needs and requirements to maximize business value. Goal of the scrum team is to enable Jumbo to become a more data driven organization.
We are strengthening the relation between businesses and the analytics teams and aim to extend intelligence at Jumbo. Every day again.
In the role of Senior Azure Data Engineer, you contribute to the most enjoyable shopping experience by:
- Design, implement and standardize end-to-end CRM data solutions to facilitate advanced customer journey orchestration data solutions within the Data Core Platform;
- Ingest, transform, validate data from multiple sources;
- Facilitate and challenge business to provide the necessary data/solutions to support and optimize customer journeys;
- Proactively collaborate with business stakeholders on the area’s of CRM, Marketing and other data domains;
- Make sure that data pipelines and data products are high-performing, automated and monitored, following the CI/CD practice and the DevOps approach;
- Team up with the scrum team(s) on solutions and developments;
- Collaborate and align with complementary (external) teams to accelerate the engineering process;
- Act as a bridge to other teams, actively participate in the Data guild and engage on strategic topics.
As a data Engineer at Jumbo, you are part of an enthusiastic scrum team which usually consists of 6-7 people with different skills (analysis, development, test, ops), a scrum master and a product owner.
have the Jumbo DNA: togetherness, entrepreneurship and winning? And do you also have:
- Bachelor or master Computer Science, Computer Engineering, a related technical field or equivalent practical experience;
- 5 to 10 years of relevant experience in a similar role;
- Knowledge of (and ideally certification in) Azure or cloud-based applications and pipelines;
- Strong knowledge of data engineer languages (.Net, Python. PySpark, SQL, Java, T-SQL, U-SQL)
- Solid experience with data engineer technologies (, MS SQL, SQL Pool, Synapse analytics, Data factory, Azure data lake, Logic apps, Azure functions, Azure event grid, Databricks)
- Strong stakeholder management capabilities;
- Fluent in Dutch, both spoken and written and experienced in English, both spoken and written;
- Experience with the CRM and Marketing domain is a plus, but not a hard requirement.
An opportunity to be part of the most customer-friendly company in the world. This means responding to the wishes of our customers and colleagues. As a Senior Azure Data Engineer, you can also expect something from us in return. Because we ensure that you feel good about yourself, with job satisfaction and career growth. You also get:
- A salary between € 4.200 and € 5.200, based on your education, knowledge and experience.
- An annual bonus of up to 7,5% of your annual salary.
- A personal development budget and training opportunities through Jumbo Academy.
- The possibility to work partly from home and a work-from-home allowance.
- A cycle to work plan.
- The option to participate in our collective health insurance.
- 30 days of paid holiday per year and 8% holiday pay.
- Fresh fruit waiting for you in our food café and the tastiest coffee with fresh milk.
- The possibility to work from home.
- Access to the Jumbo Gym for only €7 per month to help you stay fit.
- 10% discount on your groceries, which we pay out with your salary.
- Do you live outside of the Netherlands? Then we will take care of your relocation process! Moving for a job to another country or to the other side of the world might feel like moving a mountain. That is where our specialized relocation service comes in. We want you to arrive in the Netherlands fresh and ready for a new adventure, so our team helps with every step of relocating. Read more about this here .
Viec Nguyen 06 19 77 94 36 email@example.com