- Collaborate with translators to define technical problem statement and hypothesis to test
- Develop efficient and accurate analytical models that mimic business decisions
- Regularly test and maintain analytical models to improve efficiency and keep up with changing business needs.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
Your future duties and responsibilities
- Designs, creates, tests and implements complex models and algorithms that drive analytical solutions throughout the organization
- Collaborates with translators and understands use case problems to implement scalable and sustainable solutions
- Coordinates with MIS, Digital Specialists and Data Engineers to deliver holistic analytical solutions
- Supports Translators in communicating the design, functioning and output of the analytical models/solutions developed, and liaises with the use case governance group
- Ensures timely analysis and testing for regular maintenance of solutions over time
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
- Quantitative degree (CS, statistics, engineering, ops research, social sciences), usually at the masters or PhD-level
- Experience in a statistical and/or data science and/ or descriptive statistics and data visualization (e.g., ggplot2, matplotlib) role
- Should have experience in machine learning, statistics, optimization or related fields
- Experience with programming is required; specific experience in R or Python is a plus
- Experience of working with large data sets, simulation/ optimization and distributed computing tools (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, etc.) is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Openness to working in agile environments with multiple stakeholders
- Professional attitude and service orientation; team player
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Quick learner to business needs and translate them into potential analytics solutions
Mindset & Behaviors
- Strong work ethic; ability to work at an abstract level and gain consensus
- Able to build a sense of trust & rapport that creates a comfortable & effective workplace
- Attitude to thrive in a fast-paced environment