Since we first opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely – and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take a payment and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together. So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, run a busy kitchen, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. And across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow all in one place.
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
Square is at the very beginning of an exciting journey of expansion in the European region. Built on the solid foundations of growth in North America, the UK, Japan and Australia, Square's mission is to become the iconic brand that businesses turn to for all of their payment and operational needs to help them grow. Based in our Dublin hub office, the EU Marketing team helps these businesses learn about Square and engage with our ecosystem of products and services. As our EU Marketing Analyst, you'll help ensure we achieve our full potential as a marketing organisation. You'll be faced with an ever-changing sandbox of analytic opportunities and challenges. And, you'll partner with teams across Finance, Strategy, Analytics, Product Marketing and beyond, both in our Dublin hub and around the world. Reporting directly to the EU Marketing Insights & Analytics Lead, your insights will be applied in a way that creates future growth for Square and more value for our seller community.
- Be an analytics expert, with the ability to unearth insight from data
- Define and report on important metrics for marketing performance and analyse ongoing trends and around market and product launches
- Mine data and use it to predict short-term and long-term trends for making marketing and business decisions
- Perform analysis into specific marketing channels to understand the conversion funnel and its underlying drivers and provide optimisation recommendations
- Work with our analytics, ad operations, and data engineering teams to ensure measurement capabilities are in place and best practice
- Work with our Brand marketing team to establish campaign goals and develop cross-channel measurement plans and KPIs to ensure results are measurable and relevant
- Provide regular business reports on marketing performance, ensuring consistency and accuracy with relevant insights on learnings
- 3+ years experience in marketing analytics roles
- Proficiency with excel (can perform complex functions) , SQL, and data visualisation tools like Looker or Tableau
- Experience working with marketing measurement tools, including multi-touch attribution, media mix modeling, incrementality testing, matched market testing, A/B testing and hypothesis testing
- Experience working with marketing, customer, web and transactional data: from funnel journey optimisation, to offline brand awareness channels, to paid search, social & data-driven display advertising
- Experience with Web Analytics (eg. Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, etc.)
- Excellence in project management
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD54566975, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD54566975 is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.