We're looking for a Senior Data Engineer for our client, a startup company in Silicon Valley, with an amazing opportunity to design, develop, and deliver our data platform from the ground up.
Duration: Contract to Hire
Work Location: This is a fully remote position.
- Design, develop and deliver/implement data solutions to include: architecture design, prototyping of concepts to proof of concept, development of standards, design, and development of test plans, code and module design, development and testing, data solution debugging, and design and implementation
- Optimize existing data pipelines and create new ones to manage data sets while learning the platforms from which we extract data; Develop and maintain third-party API processes for data pipelines
- Design, implement and manage data warehouse solutions
- Support and maintain data and database systems to meet business delivery specifications and needs. Document structure and processes
- Enable analytics and data science to create data-driven insights and launch new models to scale the impact
- Work with various business and engineering teams to ensure reliable, scalable, robust architecture for our data platform
- BS in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience. MS or PhD in databases, distributed systems is a plus.
- 5+ years of engineering experience with a focus on data.
- Proficient with SQL programming. No-SQL is a plus.
- Experience with Data Warehousing solutions such as MySQL, Snowflake, BigQuery, Redshift, or similar managed solutions. Proficiency with ETL tools.
- Expert data modeling skills with experience tuning and optimizing for performance
- Experience designing and operating data services & data pipelines. Experience with ML Ops is a plus.
- Familiarity with GCP’s data tooling (e.g. Dataflow, CloudComposer, BigQuery, PubSub) or similar cloud tooling
- Driven by delivering customer value and impact.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
FocusKPI Hiring Team
Founded in 2010, FocusKPI, Inc. (FocusKPI) is a data science and technology firm specializing in predictive analytics practice and methodologies. FocusKPI is a US company headquartered in Santa Clara, California, with an East Coast office in Waltham, Massachusetts.