Job Description Summary
The Machine Learning Engineer leads the development and optimization of algorithms focused on obstetric and maternal health. The role is responsible for coordination of data transfer and preprocessing, model training and performance assessment, and development of image quality control and model confidence estimation frameworks. Additionally, the engineer will help to deploy models for real-time inference on-device.Job Description
Caption Health’s mission is to detect disease early – when there is the highest potential for impact – by leveraging artificial intelligence and ultrasound. Our breakthrough AI platform enables any healthcare professional to perform high-quality ultrasound exams for early disease detection, in convenient and lower-cost outpatient settings including patients’ homes. It was recognized as one of TIME’s 100 Best Inventions of 2021 and one of Fast Company’s Next Big Things in Health Tech. Through our work with health plans, providers, patients, and industry partners, we are transforming care, expanding access, and reducing costs. Duties/Responsibilities:
- Coordinate transfer of data and models from partner organizations .
- Develop data processing and labeling pipelines to prepare data for model training, assess model performance, and investigate model failure modes .
- Perform model optimization and/or develop novel models to predict clinical outputs (e.g., gestational age) from ultrasound frames and clips collected in large multi-center clinical trials.
- Design and implement frameworks for assessment of image quality for real-time user feedback during image acquisition .
- Optimize model architecture and inference for on-device deployment on cost-efficient hardware.
- Collaborate with cross-functional (product, clinical, and regulatory) teams to develop product functional requirements, define clinical use cases, and plan regulatory strategies for marketing approval.
Required Knowledge/ Skills/Abilities:
- Develop internal intellectual property and partake in disclosures and patents of novel ideas.
- Stay up to date with the latest research and advancements in ultrasound and AI.
- Perform other duties as assigned .
- B ackground in ultrasound or other medical imaging modalities and related software tools such as DICOM, pydicom , opencv , and ITK.
- Knowledge of computer vision and image processing techniques and methods.
- Experience with Python and the Python scientific stack ( NumPy , SciPy , matplotlib, pandas, scikit-learn, scikit-image).
- Advanced experience with at least one major deep learning framework ( Tensorflow , Keras , PyTorch , etc . ).
- Experience with writing production code and code review process.
Education and Experience:
- Strong teamwork ethic, communication skills, and passion for learning.
- Bonus: Publications in top-tier machine learning journals or conferences is a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft 365 or similar software.
- B S or advanced degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Biomedical Engineering, Physics, Neuroscience, Statistics, Mathematics or related fields.
- 2 - 5 years of combined academic and/or industry experience in designing, training, testing, and analyzing deep neural networks (convolutional, recurrent, spatiotemporal, attention-based), including developing and tuning custom neural network components such as layers and losses.
We expect all employees to live and breathe our behaviors: to act with humility and build trust; lead with transparency; deliver with focus, and drive ownership –always with unyielding integrity.
Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities. Our salary and benefits are everything you’d expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you’ll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration and support.
While GE Healthcare does not currently require U.S. employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, some GE Healthcare customers have vaccination mandates that may apply to certain GE Healthcare employees.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
For U.S. based positions only, the pay range for this position is 120,000.00 -150,000.00 USD Annual. It is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the pay range and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. The specific compensation offered to a candidate may be influenced by a variety of factors including skills, qualifications, experience and location. In addition, this position may also be eligible to earn performance-based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long-term incentives (LTI). GE HealthCare offers a competitive benefits package, including not but limited to medical, dental, vision, paid time off, a 401(k) plan with employee and company contribution opportunities, life, disability, and accident insurance, and tuition reimbursement. Additional Information
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). Relocation Assistance Provided: