The UK Inhalation R&D department are seeking a Data Scientist Industrial Placement Student to join their Product and Process Development group based in Loughborough.
Kindeva is passionate about helping you realize the full potential of your career. We have the vision to see what’s possible, the expertise to make it happen and the agility to overcome any challenge along the way.
About Kindeva Drug Delivery
Formerly 3M Drug Delivery Systems, Kindeva (pronounced Kin-dev-uh) is fuelled by the same industry experts and offers the same capabilities and technologies; now with unprecedented dedication and flexibility.
Kindeva is a leading global contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) that specialises in solving complex drug delivery challenges for its pharmaceutical and biotechnology customers. With approximately 900 employees, Kindeva serves customers with a wealth of expertise in formulation, product development and manufacturing. Kindeva-developed and manufactured therapies treat patients battling a host of debilitating and chronic diseases, including respiratory illnesses and cardiovascular conditions.
Kindeva has a strong legacy of over 60 years of pharmaceutical innovation and a commitment to revolutionary technologies, having developed the world’s first metered dose inhaler (MDI) and the first drug-in-adhesive transdermal patch. Kindeva has successfully developed and commercialized more than 20 complex drug products, including through new drug application (NDA), marketing authorisation applications (MAA) and abbreviated new drug application (ANDA) pathways. Kindeva holds over 500 active patents and works with clients ranging from large blue-chip pharmaceutical companies to small biotechs.
Kindeva are offering an opportunity within their Product and Process Development group, Loughborough. The role is for a Data Scientist to join the team responsible for the development of new and existing products in Kindeva's portfolio. The successful candidate will work closely with the Data and Documentation team, as well as other teams across R&D to deliver insights, carry out the investigations needed to inform important decisions and to predict new trends with the aim of bringing new products to market. This role is an opportunity to work at the cutting edge of Inhalation development, within a company with a reputation for leading innovation in the field.
Over the year you will have the opportunity to support a wide range of research and development activities, have access to the wealth of data Kindeva has built up over their many years of developing inhalation products and conduct and manage your own innovative specialist internal research project.
This is an exciting opportunity to see how an R&D function operates, learn new and ground breaking skills, and to use the expertise developed during your degree to transform how Kindeva utilises the vast amounts of data it generates on a daily basis. The role offers the successful candidate an opportunity to make a significant contribution to the development of new inhalation products and future technologies by applying their analytical and creative technical skills and using their recent academic experience gained at university.
As an Industrial Placement Student at Kindeva, you will
- Become an active member of the Data and Documentation team
- Conceive, design, organise and document experiments/investigations of Kindeva's data
- Analyse, interpret and report data from new products and use the data to propose improvements
- Share insights gained from analysis of data with team and wider organisation
- Challenge the established practices used within the Data and Documentation team and the wider organisation with new techniques and best practices
- Support the activities of the Data and Documentation team with routine tasks
- Support the wider department as required, which may include early phase formulation feasibility, lab experimentation and process scale up
The knowledge and skills that you will need
- An enthusiasm to investigate and delve into the wealth of data available to provide new insights and make new correlations
- Competent in use of software, such as R and Python to conduct analysis
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to constructively interact with colleagues within and outside of the company at all levels
- Ability to design and document your experiments and investigations in a clear and concise manner
- Excellent problem-solving skills are essential
- Knowledge of the inhalation products and pressurised metered dose inhalers (pMDIs) is desirable
Your personal attributes
- Honest and professional
- Passion for analysing data
- Enthusiastic, flexible, conscientious and proactive in approach
- Work and problem solve as part of a team
- Willingness to learn
Training and development
Our success depends on the energy of our employees and the high quality of their personal attributes, but most of all it depends on their data analytical skills. Ongoing training and development opportunities are available for the successful candidate.
At Kindeva, diversity & inclusion are essential to innovation. We seek and value differences in people! As an equal opportunity employer, we will not discriminate against any applicant.
- Right to live and work in the UK
- Undergraduate applicants should be studying for a relevant BSc/MSc or equivalent qualification in a scientific, engineering or related discipline
- Be performing at a high level, equivalent to achieving a 1st or 2.1 class degree
Key benefits include
Competitive salary and benefits with 25 days holiday
To apply please submit your CV and Cover Letter.