Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Role & Responsibilities:
Launched on March 29, 2019, and under the leadership of directors Erwin Bottinger, MD and Thomas Fuchs, DSc, the Hasso Plattner Institute for Digital Health at Mount Sinai (“HPI”) will combine innovative, complementary research resources and talents in health care, health sciences, data sciences, biomedical and digital engineering to empower citizens and their healthcare providers for better health outcomes with real-time predictive and preventive digital health solutions.
With world-class expertise and complementary resources in health care, data sciences and biomedical and digital engineering, HPI will conduct patient-engaged and data-driven research. The longer-term goals of HPI include:
- Establishing an organizational framework in which researchers at HPI and Mount Sinai collaborate and co-innovate seamlessly across health care and digital engineering
- Extending funding opportunities for researchers in the United States and abroad
- Researching and testing prototype digital health solutions for consumers, patients, providers, and health systems in the United States, Europe, and beyond.
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer whose responsibilities will include:
- Work with various stakeholders to collect project requirements
- Manage various projects and feature releases that align with business requirements
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet business requirements
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements
- Optimize data delivery and re-design infrastructure for greater scalability
- Work with developers to automate infrastructure deployment and testing
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to assist with technical issues and support data infrastructure needs
- Support development activities and manage change control processes
- Manage and support SAP HANA
- 2 years of experience working with Python, Flask,
- Experience with infrastructure as code: Terraform,Ansible or Puppet
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines: Jenkins, Travis
- Experience with: Docker environment and Kubernetes
- Experience with: SAP HANA
- Solid Web Services REST, SOAP, API Integrations, SQL, NoSQL
- Solid experience in preserving work in source control versioning tools such as Git, Mercurial
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL, and MongoDB
- Familiarity with continuous integration: Gunicorn WSGI, Flask
- Familiarity with cloud architecture as Azure, AWS
- Strong knowledge of data privacy and security
- Familiarity handling health data
- Experience with Apache Kafka, FHIR preferred
- Must be able to work closely with others
- Must be willing to pivot with the needs of the organization and learn/ grow skillsets
- Must be able to understand user requirements from specifications provided by business/non-technical personnel
- Must be able to quickly develop competency with new technologies and software versions to keep the web site sustainable and easily maintainable
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity, equity and inclusion are drivers for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education, and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together and participate actively as a leader within the Mount Sinai Health System by:
- Serving as the primary resource management representative of the Mount Sinai leadership teams, committees, etc., and acting as the primary executive leader interface between Mount Sinai and key executives from the health systems’ vendors and partners.
- Engaging with relevant thought leaders and policy-makers at the federal and state levels, and representing the Health System as assigned.
- Using a lens of equity in establishing and promoting policies and procedures and providing opportunities for all to thrive.
- Confronting racist, sexist or other inappropriate behavior and challenges exclusionary organizational practices and serving as a role model to promote anti-racist behaviors.
- Inspiring and fostering an environment of anti-racist behaviors among and between departments and co-workers.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 42,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai Morningside (formerly Mount Sinai St. Luke’s), and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.