EXL (NASDAQ: EXLS) is a global analytics and digital solutions company that partners with clients to improve business outcomes and unlock growth—bringing together domain expertise with robust data, powerful analytics, cloud, and AI to create agile, scalable solutions and execute complex operations for the world’s leading corporations. EXL was founded on the core values of innovation, collaboration, excellence, integrity, and respect creating value from data to ensure faster decision-making and transforming operating models. Key industries include Insurance, Healthcare, Banking and Financial Services, Media, and Retail among others.
Headquartered in New York, our global team is over 40,000 strong, with more than 50 offices spanning six continents. For information, visit www.exlservice.com.
Role Title: Data Engineer (AWS Certified)
BU/Segment: Data & Analytics
Location: Dublin, Ireland. (Fully remote)
Job profile: Working hours will be EST (Typical hours could look like 12 pm – 8 pm)
What the role entails:
Architecting & Building EDP application platform to support client’s internal data teams to onboard, and provision data in Data Cloud. Utilising Micro Services Architecture to support workloads like Data marts, Data Warehouse, AI/ML.
Experience and background required:
- 4+ years of experience in developing enterprise-level applications
- Bachelor’s/Master's degree in computer science/engineering, operations research or related analytics
- AWS Cloud Practitioner, Solutions Architect or AWS Big Data Certification is essential.
- Experience in designing, implementing, and testing Python application
- Understanding of object-oriented programming, multi-tier architecture, and parallel/ multi-threaded programming.
- Programming experience with Python is a must; Java/Scala is nice to have
- Experience with AWS technologies including AppSync, Lambda, Step Functions, Event Bridge
- Solid experience with AWS services such as CloudFormation, S3, Glue, EMR/Spark, RDS, DynamoDB, Lambda, Step Functions, IAM, KMS, SM, etc.
- Knowledge of modern cloud-native data warehouses i.e., AWS Redshift, Snowflake, or Azure Synapse Analytics
- Experience implementing metadata solutions leveraging AWS non-relational data solutions such as ElastiCache and DynamoDB.
- Working experience with Python and Spark is desired
- Experience working on Agile projects
Key skills and behavioral competencies:
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Should be able to work on a problem independently and prepare client-ready deliverables with minimal or no supervision
- Application development experience
- Team Management
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work in fast pace continuously evolving environment and ready to take up uphill challenges
- Able to understand cross-cultural differences and can work with clients across the globe
More reasons to join us:
- As part of a leading global operations management and analytics company, you can look forward to a competitive salary, private healthcare, critical illness, and income protection insurance, and a rewarding pension.
- As an Equal Opportunity Employer, EXL is committed to diversity. Our company does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, age, or disability status.
To be considered for this role, you must be eligible to work in the Republic of Ireland.