About The Role
Data Analyst - Retail Analytics (Customer Migration)
Role Location: Melbourne/Brisbane
Role Type: Permanent Full Time
At ANZ our purpose is to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We’re making this happen by improving the financial wellbeing and sustainability of our customers so they can achieve incredible things– whether they’re buying a home, building a business or saving for things big or small.
This Data Analyst role is part of Retail Analytics and sits in our Initiatives – Migration squad where our mission is to help customers achieve their goals by migrating them to products that better support the ways they save, use and manage their money, pay and get paid. We use design excellence to reimagine processes and iterate capabilities that will support customer migration.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the overall delivery of the team's goals and priorities. You will manage pieces of work, develop data driven insights and reports that will enhance and support the objectives of the Customer Migration Portfolio.
As a Data Analyst, you deeply understand the power of data to generate quality customer insight, manage information, identify trends and make decisions. You will consult with stakeholders to understand business problems and collaborate with other data practitioners to design and deliver appropriate solutions.
What Will Your Day Look Like
- Address and solve complex business issues using large amounts of data
- Source data from a variety of sources to combine, synthesise and analyse to generate insights
- Continuous generation, monitoring, presenting and conducting of 'fact-based' analysis of relevant customer insights to use at any time for the development and improvement of relevant and innovative propositions
- Generate, monitor, present and analyse relevant customer insights, costs, benefits, and risks for customers, clients and cohort products; this could include business casing, what if scenarios and opportunity sizing & assessments
What will you bring?
We know not everyone will bring all of the skills and experience, and at ANZ we are focused on people bringing a growth mindset to their approach to work. Some of the skills we are looking for are below, but don’t worry if you don’t have all of these as learning on the job is the way we work.
But back to some of the skills
- To grow and be successful in the role, you will ideally bring the following:
- Analytical and inquisitive mindset to continuously improve the level of insight surfaced
- Ability to translate data insights into practical business recommendations
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency in SQL for handling large complex datasets of varying types
- Strong understanding of the data and analytics lifecycle i.e. exploratory data analysis, data modelling and design, data wrangling, data quality, hypothesis testing, data visualisation and dashboard design.
- Ability to effectively communicate to stakeholders (technical and non-technical)
- Experience with tools/systems such as GitHub, JIRA, Confluence, QlikSense and SQL databases.
You’re not expected to have 100% of these skills. At ANZ a growth mindset is at the heart of our culture, so if you have most of these things in your toolbox, we’d love to hear from you.
So, why join us?
There’s something special about being part of ANZ. From the moment you join us, you’re part of a team working towards a common goal: improving the financial wellbeing and sustainability of our millions of customers.
But it’s not just our customers who’ll feel your impact. You’ll feel it too. Because at ANZ, you’ll have the resources and community you need to take the next big step in your career, towards even bigger things in the future.
We offer a range of benefits tailored to the countries in which we operate including Health and Wellbeing programs and flexible working arrangements.
You’ll also enjoy working in a diverse and inclusive workplace where the different backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people are celebrated. We encourage you to talk to us about any adjustments you may require to our recruitment process or the role itself. If you are a candidate with a disability, let us know how we can provide you with additional support.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.careers.anz.com. You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and searching for reference number 50226
Job Posting End Date