Americo is seeking a Senior Data Scientist that will be responsible for conducting research and development that will lead to business solutions, improving revenues and increase efficiencies in a variety of departments. The Senior Data Scientist will complete this using a variety of modern methodologies ranging from statistical analysis to machine learning. This position’s goal is to extract insight and create value from all the data which a modern business creates, as well as mentor more junior data scientists.
- Build machine learning models to solve business problems
- Visualize and communicate data insights to business leaders
- Query and extract data from business systems
- Develop productionized data from business systems
- Design research methods and experimental design
- Mentor junior data scientists
Essential Knowledge and Abilities
- 5-10 years' experience with R, SAS, Stata, or Python
- 5-10 years' in-depth experience in SQL as well as a general knowledge of database warehousing theory
- 4-8 years' experience in developing Machine Learning models to solve business problems such as Boosting Machines, SVM, Neural Networks and Decision Forests
- 4-8 years' experience in a broad range of statistical techniques ranging from basic hypothesis testing to econometric and time series problems
- Deep knowledge of research methods, including proper research design ranging from randomized control experiments to pseudo-experimental methods.
- Master's Degree in quantitative field