JPMorgan Chase has undertaken a digital transformation strategy, and is investing in innovative ways to attract customers, deepen customer engagement and drive increased satisfaction through delightful interactions with digital products and experiences. We strive to transform customer experiences; simplify the ways we do business and tirelessly drive toward product excellence. Our team is at the heart of driving this transformation, focused on developing innovative offerings that put the customer at the centre.
Culture is as important to us and we are looking for intellectually curious, honest, passionate, hungry and hard-working individuals who would like to expand their skills whilst working on a new exciting venture for the firm. Your work will have a massive impact, both on us as a company, as well as our clients and our business partners around the world.
Our organization is looking to expand our businesses into different markets, and we are creating a new organization to address this. As such, we are looking for commercially focussed, customer-oriented and technically competent individuals, used to working in an agile environment who want to be a part of building something from the ground up with us.
About Data Architecture within Dynamo
Leveraging our cloud-stack, you will form part of a high-performing, experienced team initially focussed on architecting, building and deploying a state-of-the-art, web-scale insights and machine learning platform. Subsequently, the team will focus on using this platform to provide insights, create predictive APIs and build consumer products powered by machine learning.
The successful candidate will have a deep interest in developing into a full-stack data scientist. Consequently, they will have experience creating production-grade software and a familiarity and appreciation of the big-data stack at least one cloud-based provider. Additionally, they will have an understanding of machine-learning algorithms and / or statistical methods,
- Collaborate with business-focussed teams in order to understand how we might use programmatic, predictive APIs to help support them
- Research and analyse emerging trends in architecting big-data systems in order to be able to influence the build-out of our data platform
- Actively get involved in building out the platform leveraging FOSS, vendor products or in-house solutions
- Leverage the platform in order to build production-grade machine-learning solutions for a variety of problems within our business domain
- Leverage the platform to build internal or external consumer-facing products aimed at providing programmatic insights using machine-learning or statistical analyses
Required Technical Qualifications & Experience
- Advanced degree in a quantitative discipline e.g. Computer Science, Operations Research, Machine Learning
- Hands-on experience building & maintaining machine-learning or statistical products in production using a cloud-provider (AWS / GCP / Azure)
- Deep experience in building applications using Python, Java
- Experience / understanding of various machine-learning algorithms or statistical methods
- Enthusiastic collaborator with a collegiate attitude and strong work-ethic
- Experience and understanding of big-data ML frameworks (Spark, TensorFlow) and data-formats (avro, protobuf, parquet)
- Familiarity with machine-learning libraries (e.g. scikit-learn, pandas, scipy, numpy, Keras, statsmodels, pymc3, pyro, pystan)
- Should be able to work both individually and collaboratively in teams, in order to achieve project goals.
- Must be curious, hardworking and detail-oriented, and motivated by complex analytical problems.
- Must be able to independently research and propose alternatives to either model or platform components with some guidance as to problem relevance.
- Ensures re-use and sharing of ideas within team and locale.
- Able to work with non-specialists in a partnership model, conveys information clearly and creates a sense of trust with stakeholders.
- Shows institutional awareness and some understanding of applied problem solvingJ.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.