HawkEye 360 is delivering a revolutionary source of global knowledge based on radio frequency (RF) geospatial intelligence to those working to make the world a safer place. The company operates the first-of-its-kind commercial satellite constellation to detect, characterize, and geolocate a broad range of RF signals. This unique RF data and analytics equip our global customers with high-impact insights needed to make decisions with confidence. HawkEye 360 is headquartered in Herndon, Virginia.
Build the world's first RF-Derived Geospatial Analytics Firm
Reporting to the Director of Data Science, the Data Scientist will be responsible for developing the next generation of AI solutions at Hawkeye 360. They will take recommendations from the Senior Data Scientist and focus on areas of analytics exploration which will separate HawkEye 360 from the field of competitors. They will harness the power of AI and Machine Learning to model key aspects of RF data producing leap ahead capabilities that will power HawkEye 360's advance in the market.
The right candidate must be a creative problem solver who can look beyond the data to see underlying trends and patterns. They will need to leverage their knowledge of statistics, machine learning, and AI to create effective solutions to tackle real-world problems. The candidate will leverage multi-int data sets to create solutions, so a good understanding of combining different data sets is key. Additionally, they will collaborate with engineering to transition R&D analytical solutions to production level code, integrating these solutions into existing pipelines.
We'll Expect You To…
- Research ML/AI techniques and apply them to relevant problems
- Iterate and refine models for applicable solutions
- Collect, process, and transform data
- Create reports and demos to clearly state problems, process, and solutions
- Integrate solutions into existing codebases
- Identify new data sets that can be integrated into solutions
You'll Need to Have…
- BS in computer science, engineering, or related quantitative field, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with common Data Science Libraries such as Pandas, Matplotlib, and scikit-learn
- Experience with at least one machine learning framework such as: PyTorch, TensorFlow, or R
- Can solve programing problems related to data structures, recursion, search/sort, and regular expressions
- Experience working in development teams and using git
- Good analytical and organizational skills
- Clear and effective means of communication
We'd Like to See…
- Experience thriving in a fast-paced work environment
- Knowledgeable in graph theory and graph neural networks
- Experience using popular deep learning libraries such as: Detectron2, PyTorch Geometric, Pyro, and PyTorch-NLP
- Developed or deployed ML models using cloud based tools like Amazon SageMaker
- Background in Math, Physics, Engineering, Signal Processing, geo-spatial and/or RF technologies
- Master's degree in relevant field
- Ability to work in a small and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work well with all levels of company disciplines (i.e. Legal, HR, etc.)
- Sense of humor and ability to proactively problem solve.
- Great customer relationship skills.
HawkEye 360, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.