Location : London
Job Family : Digital & Technology
Job Type : Full Time
Posted Date : 13-Sep-2023
Ref # : 50958
The Senior Data Scientist will play a major part in developing and implementing predictive models along with conducting detailed data exploration to maximise business value & growth through the application of data science techniques. The predictive models created will feed critical business infrastructure, offering a fantastic platform to hone your machine learning skills with direct impact on business objectives. You will work as part of a high-performing data science & insight team with ownership of models and the modelling process in the wider modelling eco-system.
The perfect candidate for us will be experienced in managing and leading a team, but also hands-on and passionate about building the latest machine learning predictive models. You will also have strong business acumen which drives the end of goal of each project to ensure the application of each model is optimal for current business objectives. You will have strong skills in data munging/manipulation which will allow you to navigate and leverage our significant data assets to build the optimal production models.
Who we are
The UK’s fastest broadband network. The nation’s best-loved mobile brand. And, one of the UK's biggest companies too.
Diverse, high performing teams - jam packed with serious talent. Together, we offer the UK more choice and better value, through our boundary-pushing, customer-championing values and ambitions.
Together, we are Virgin Media O2, and we can't wait to see what you can do.
Accessible, inclusive and equitable for all
Virgin Media O2 is an equal opportunities employer and we're working hard to remove bias and barriers for our people and candidates. So, we build equity and inclusion into everything we do, from the policies we craft to the relationships we shape. We support and encourage you to be your authentic self throughout your application journey with us.
The must haves
In order to be considered, you must have the following experience;
- Experienced in managing data and developing data science process; implementing/managing a model factory framework, recommending on software, new approaches and resource requirements
- Strong mathematics or statistics background gained through MSc/PhD education in scientific field or demonstrable work experience.
- Expert knowledge of SQL, Python and relevant libraries (numpy, pandas, matplotlib, Scikit-learm, tensorflow, etc…) knowledge in other programming languages would be valuable (Spark, R, Matlab…)
- Comfortable with working under a shipping product and continuous improvement approach.
The other stuff we are looking for
We'd also love you to bring;
- Keen to ensure skills are kept at the cutting edge through on-going learning of developments in the field and how those could be applied in our domain
- Ability to apply knowledge in statistics and machine learning to real world problems
- Experienced with A/B testing methodologies and frameworks
What's in it for you
Our goal is to celebrate our people, their lives and everything in-between. We aim to create a culture that empowers everyone to bring the best versions of themselves to work each and every day. We believe the most inclusive and diverse culture makes for a better business and a brighter world.
Working at Virgin Media O2, you get a bumper reward package bursting with benefits, and loads of extras you can add if you’d like to. These are designed to support both you and your loved ones, making sure that you’re covered no matter what life throws your way.
If we feel like a place where you can belong, we'd love to learn more about you as a person and your experience to date. Once you've submitted an application the next steps of the process, if successful, are likely to include a two stage interview process.
When you apply, you'll be asked about any adjustments you might need to support the recruitment process. Let us know, and we'll be sure to discuss it with you. Thanks for your patience in the meantime and for showing an interest in joining the Virgin Media O2 family.