Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking a talented Data Engineer – Senior Level for our San Antonio, TX or 100% remote work environment location(s).
Data Engineers deliver quality reporting and data intelligence solutions to the organization and assist client teams with drawing insights to make informed, data driven decisions. Data Engineers (DEs) are engaged in all phases of the data management lifecycle; gather and analyze requirements, collect, process, store and secure, use, share and communicate, archive, reuse and repurpose data. Identify and manage existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and ensure these risks are effectively identified and escalated to be measured, monitored and controlled.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
USAA Information Technology: A Realistic Preview
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Design and implement complex technical solutions.
- Design, build, manage and optimize data pipelines for data structures encompassing data transformation, data models, schemas, metadata, data quality, and workload management.
- Participate in daily standups and lead design reviews.
- Breakdown business features into technical stories and approaches.
- Analyze data and enable machine learning.
- Create proof of concepts and prototypes.
- Implement efficient defect management, root cause analysis, and resolution processes.
- Assist in setting technical direction for the team.
- Mentor and coach junior engineers.
- Bachelor's degree in related field of study, OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required.
- 6 years of data management experience implementing data solutions demonstrating depth of technical understanding within a specific discipline(s)/technology(s).
- Deep knowledge of a technology or product line.
- 3 or more years of coding and operational deployments using ETL, DataStage, Netezza, Hadoop with strong data analysis and technical troubleshooting
- 3 or more years’ experience in the implementation of maintenance and production initiatives
- 3 or more years’ experience with either scripting language (Java, Python, SQL, etc.)
- 3 or more years of data engineering with a technical focus on data acquisition, data transformation, data modeling, data quality, and building connections between information sources
- Knowledge of ins-and-outs of database systems
- Excellent communication skills and IT experience leading efforts supporting Business Partners and external software vendors
- Knowledge of SnowFlake, DBT, and / or Talon Batch
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $106,800 - $192,300 *(this does not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your work location). Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
- Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift Premium will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals. Please visit USAA Total Rewards for more details.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.