At Earnest, we believe in a world where paying for your education takes less time than earning your degree. Join us on our mission to empower anyone seeking higher education to reduce the total price tag of their degree, supercharge their ability to pay down student debt, and get on the right financial track fast.
A little background on Earnest: We're a remote first FinTech company with an accomplished team who believe consumer lending can be radically improved and are doing something about it. We are disrupting the trillion dollar student loan industry by redefining what it means to be creditworthy. We created a company that combines data science, streamlined design, and technology to:
- Build products that simplify the lending process
- Personalize loans to suit the needs of our customers
- Engage with our customers through more human experiences
What makes an Earnie culture:
Earnest's culture is as dynamic as the products we're building and defining every day. We're a fast-growing company, and that means we're constantly integrating the new perspectives of every individual.
Earnies define our culture as:
- Earn Happy Clients
- Client happiness is our true north star.
- Make it happen
- We work hard to deliver high-impact results at rapid pace.
- Growth Mindset
- We love challenges, enjoy rigorous effort, and learn from our mistakes as we continuously improve.
- Do great things together
- Success is built on relationships.
- Insist on high standards
- We have relentlessly high standards and continuously raise the bar on the quality of everything: our products, services, processes, and people.
Our Earnie's are fun, innovative, and willing to rollup their sleeves to help their team succeed in a fast-paced environment. If this sounds like you, and you want to join us on our mission to radically disrupt a trillion dollar fintech industry, keep reading to find out how.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will report to the Lead Data Scientist and work closely with our Product teams and other members of the Data team to work on a variety of areas such as predictive and forecasting models, OCR, AB tests and deploying models in cloud infrastructure. The position requires cross collaboration with infrastructure and data engineers as well as data analytics and marketing teams.
What you'll do: Depending on the project, you would:
- Research and prototype models and present them in model review sessions
- Develop production level code following software development best practices
- Work with data and infrastructure engineers to deploy your model or develop required data pipelines to automate training
- Optimize product conversion by running AB tests on variety of our pricing, marketing and product models
- Prepare technical design and git/confluence documentation
- Work with general managers, marketing and operation teams to identify and address their data modeling needs
Ideal background and expertise:
- 2+ years in Python and SQL
- 4+ years (or 2+ years with grad degree) experience in model development or analytics
- Deep understanding of classification, regression and forecasting models and AB test
- Experience in cloud infrastructure, MLOps and productionizing ML models and monitoring them (Earnest uses AWS, Sagemaker, Airflow, Jenkins)
- Experience working in a cross-functional environment with teamwork and excellent communication skills.
Bonus to have:
- Experience in development of production level codes
- Experience in API development (Earnest uses FastAPI)
- Experience in computer Vision and NLP
- Experience in developing deep learning models and optimizing them in production
Earnest believes in enabling our employees to live their best lives. We offer a variety of perks and competitive benefits that include:
- Health, Dental, & Vision benefits plus savings plans
- Work anywhere in the U.S.
- Mac computers + work from home stipend to set up your home office
- Monthly internet and phone reimbursement
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 401(k) plan to help you save for retirement plus a company match
- Robust tuition reimbursement program
- $1,000 travel perk on each Earnie-versary to anywhere in the world
- Competitive days of annual PTO
- Annual my day
- Pet insurance!
- Competitive parental leave
- Plenty of Earnest swag, optional in person team gatherings, picnics, celebrations, and plenty of fun virtual events
At Earnest, we are committed to building an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging enables us to move forward with our mission. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage anyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Earnest provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.