Data Engineer (Cloud Devops)
Syneos Health is the only fully integrated biopharmaceutical solutions organization purpose-built to accelerate customer success. We lead with a product development mindset, seamlessly connecting our capabilities to add high-value insights to speed therapies to patients and provide practical value to help our customers achieve their objectives.
Every day we perform better because of how we work together, as one team, each the best at what we do. We bring a wide range of talented experts together across a wide range of business-critical services that support our business. Every role within Corporate is vital to furthering our vision of Shortening the Distance from Lab to Life®.
Discover what our 29,000 employees, across 110 countries already know:WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE
Why Syneos Health
- We are passionate about developing our people, through career development and progression; supportive and engaged line management; technical and therapeutic area training; peer recognition and total rewards program.
- We are committed to our Total Self culture – where you can authentically be yourself. Our Total Self culture is what unites us globally, and we are dedicated to taking care of our people.
- We are continuously building the company we all want to work for and our customers want to work with. Why? Because when we bring together diversity of thoughts, backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives – we’re able to create a place where everyone feels like they belong.
- Responsible for on-time delivery across concurrent deliverables, meeting timelines and identifies risk, as needed.
- Develops and maintains cloud (Azure, AWS, & OCI) and internal platform architecture in collaboration with the platform vendors, infrastructure architects, and stakeholders
- Informs project leader of deliverables’ status and significant project or program issues.
- Participates in cross-functional projects as needed.
- Establishes platform system administrations process and best practices and works with the support organization to ensure appropriate support is provided
- Maintains well-organized, complete, and up-to-date documentation, testing, and verification/quality control documents and deliverables meet inspection readiness.
- Follows applicable SOPs, WIs, and relevant regulatory guidelines.
- Plans and implements tools, utilities, and reports that help monitor cloud (Azure, AWS, & OCI) and internal platform and continuously assess usage and issues.
- May contribute to cross-functional team to collaboratively establish standard operating procedures (SOPs), guidelines, policies, and/or working instructions.
- Analyzes and solves platform optimization issues.
- Accountable to quality standards and project requirements; working with team members to apply quality practices as needed.
- Under direction of a senior data engineer, leverages technical experience to develop automation tools for standardization and efficiency to acquire, process, clean, integrate, investigate, report and/or store clinical and related data. Types of tools may include ETL tools, R, Python, JReview, Spotfire, PL/SQL.
- Performs data validity through conformance checks and reconciling clinical study data from various sources. Identify and communicate data issues.
- Proactively participates in internal meetings (appropriate in format, frequency and attendance). Follows action items through to completion.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- Minimal travel may be required.
What we’re looking for
Get to know Syneos Health
- Undergraduate Degree (preferred), preferably in a computer science, information technology or related discipline.
- Relevant work experience may be substituted for a college degree.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code, Coding, code troubleshooting and testing skills.
- Familiarity with Data Visualization tools (preferred).
- Effective technical, problem-solving and math skills.
- Excellent communication (both written and spoken), teamwork, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to meet objectives and goals.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
Over the past 5 years, we have worked with 94% of all Novel FDA Approved Drugs, 95% of EMA Authorized Products and over 200 Studies across 73,000 Sites and 675,000+ Trial patients.
No matter what your role is, you’ll take the initiative and challenge the status quo with us in a highly competitive and ever-changing environment. Learn more about Syneos Health.Additional Information
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees. The Company is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, including the provision of reasonable accommodations, when appropriate, to assist employees or applicants to perform the essential functions of the job.