Dale Farm is a leading dairy company, which manufactures an extensive range of consumer and food ingredient products. With an annual turnover in excess of £500m the Group exports globally to over 40 countries, with a particularly strong presence in the UK retail market. It is our mission to ensure that we exude the highest standards through our processes, products, and people.
As a Database Analyst, you will support the delivery of a comprehensive data and analytics strategy that facilitates and delivers accurate and timely data for decision making. This role supports Dale Farm’s data governance, operational data management and data quality management.
Key job responsibilities
- Document and understand business processes and data flows.
- Support the collection and documentation of business requirements.
- Develop tools that automate existing business processes in line with the Data strategy.
- Collect, maintain, monitor and analyse data.
- Design and create end-user reports and dashboards.
- Design and implement data visualisation to agreed business requirements.
- Support stakeholders with data analysis using statistical methods.
- Support business users with appropriate training and guidance for new tools and reports.
- Develop tools to support Dale Farm’s data collection processes.
- Identify opportunities to expand Dale Farm’s data universe.
- Support the development of a single source of truth for Dale Farm data.
Specific Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will have at least 1 year's experience in a similar role, with experience in Microsoft Power BI, and hold a relevant 3rd level qualification or equivalent in business, IT, statistics or a similar field.
It is desired that, you will have experience of working to Agile methods and experience of using; other Microsoft PowerApps, SQL Management Studio, Microsoft Visual Studio and Database management.
- Ability to guide a business on data ownership and data quality management tasks.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders groups across the business.
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Able to identify risks and define plans to control or remediate these risks.
- Competent in defining and reviewing data management policies, standards, practices, systems and controls.
- Sound understanding and experience of Data Lifecycle Management.
- Experience working with large datasets.
- Experience in data visualisation and report development.
- Experience in understanding business processes.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Good technical skills particularly in automation techniques for data.
- A problem-solving mindset.
- Good understanding of data analysis / statistics.
- Good communicator - able to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to effectively plan and prioritise workloads.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Demonstrates close attention to detail.
In return, the successful candidate can embark on this excellent opportunity for both career and personal development. The company also provides an excellent benefits package including competitive salary, pension, and life assurance.
To learn more about the company and to apply for this position please visit www.dalefarm.co.uk/careers.
The closing date for applications is Monday 12th June 2023.
No unsolicited CVs from Agencies please.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer