Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life. The Impact You’ll Make
With treatments for hundreds of diseases in our sights, we’ve built a data science team with domain expertise in computer science, bioinformatics, physics, biology, mathematics, applied statistics, and more. We work side-by-side with biologists, automation scientists, chemists, software engineers, and many others; together, we develop the tools and methods to turn our experimental data into treatments for pathologies that affect the lives of countless individuals.
In this role, you will be a computational and analytical expert who develops scalable solutions that impact our drug discovery pipeline.
The Team You’ll Join
- Strategize in collaboration with biologists, engineers, and data/ML scientists on the next steps for industrializing various stages of the drug discovery process.
- Explore novel metrics, analyses, or models to answer unresolved biological questions about our data generation processes or downstream applications.
- Deliver scalable software tools for the evaluation and communication of data generated by Recursion’s high-dimensional, high-throughput assay platform.
You will be joining a fast-growing, cross-functional team with expertise in biology, automation engineering, data science, software engineering, and product development. You can expect to be challenged with new scientific domains, high expectations for analytical software development, unresolved questions about analytical methods and applications, and ambitious goals to industrialize various aspects of the drug discovery process. Specifically, your team will focus on developing and scaling cellular models of disease for use in a wide range of research programs. A bold, creative, collaborative, growth-oriented, and team-first mindset will be critical to the success of both individuals and teams in this exceptionally challenging and exciting industry.
The Experience You’ll Need
- A firm grasp of probability, statistics, and machine learning.
- High fluency with the Python data stack (numpy, pandas, scikit-learn, etc).
- Experience with collaborative software development and peer code review, including version control tools like git.
- Experience developing, releasing, and maintaining software in a continuous-use production environment.
- A track record of outstanding past projects, product development, publications, or presentations.
- Experience working within a fast-paced interdisciplinary team to solve business-relevant problems and communicating complex concepts and methods to audiences with diverse technical backgrounds.
- Nice to have: experience analyzing biological datasets and collaborating with laboratory research scientists, experience with high dimensional data sets, experience building and developing DASH apps.
- 2+ years experience in an industry setting, or post-baccalaureate experience in a related scientific or engineering field developing data science methods or tools, or equivalent experience in the application of ML and analytical tools in postdoctoral work.
- Senior and Staff levels may be considered for candidates with commensurate experience, a record of product development in domains directly relevant to Recursion’s platform, and/or experience as a technical lead driving execution in these areas.
The Values That We Hope You Share
- We Care: We care about our drug candidates, our Recursionauts, their families, each other, our communities, the patients we aim to serve and their loved ones. We also care about our work.
- We Learn: Learning from the diverse perspectives of our fellow Recursionauts, and from failure, is an essential part of how we make progress.
- We Deliver: We are unapologetic that our expectations for delivery are extraordinarily high. There is urgency to our existence: we sprint at maximum engagement, making time and space to recover.
- Act Boldly with Integrity: No company changes the world or reinvents an industry without being bold. It must be balanced; not by timidity, but by doing the right thing even when no one is looking.
- We are One Recursion: We operate with a 'company first, team second' mentality. Our success comes from working as one interdisciplinary team.
Recursion spends time and energy connecting every aspect of work to these values. They aren’t static, but regularly discussed and questioned because we make decisions rooted in those values in our day-to-day work. You can read more about our values and how we live them every day here .
More About Recursion
Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Learn more at www.recursion.com , or connect on Twitter and LinkedIn .
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.