Transforming the Future with Convergence of Simulation and Data
Data Scientists Analysts
Our client in Dearborn, MI is looking for a Data Scientists Analysts. This is a contract position.
What You Will Do:
Go-to-marketing-modeling(GTMM) team within BSPA of company’s Global Data, Insight and Analytics (GDI&A) organization is looking for a highly skilled quantitative analyst / data scientist to assist in all levels of problem formulation, model development, evaluation, and deployment. BSPA(Business Sales Planning Analytics) is a cross-functional team within company GDI&A that focuses on market demand analysis, new/used car price/sales analysis and forecast (short to mid term), business plan (mid to long term) analysis etc.. GTMM team applies advanced quantitative methods and systematic econometrics models to solve a wide variety of challenging problems in the area of automotive sales/incentive/price/inventory/production planning, evaluation, and optimization so as to help business make relevant and optimal decisions. Responsibilities:
- Explore/apply the most relevant quantitative modeling techniques and tools in statistical analysis, econometrics, operation research/optimization, data science, machine/deep learning techniques to a variety of real-world business problems within automotive industry focusing on marketing and sales area
- Enable evidence-based decision making by extracting, managing, and exploring a variety of data sources and extracting insights from structured and unstructured data sets that are often large and high-dimensional
- Identify new and novel data sources and explore their potential use in developing actionable business insights
- Ensure overall quality of the data and solutions throughout the analytics development process
- Maintain and enhance existing econometrics models supporting business daily decisions
- Integrate validation result and visualize analysis/prediction result through visualization tools to provide qualitative overview
- Assist in communicating and presenting models and analytical results to business customers and upper management
- Collaborate with other teams within GDIA in the model development and delivery process
- A Master's degree in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Economics/Econometrics, Mathematics, Operations Research, or related fields
- 2+ years of experience (including time spent as a graduate student) doing quantitative research in any of the following areas: economics/econometrics, statistics, Applied Mathematics, optimization / mathematical programming, etc.
- 2+ years of experience in at least one of the following languages: Python, R, MATLAB, C/C++/C#, SAS
- Ph.D. in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Operations Research, Quantitative Social Science, Quantitative Marketing, Quantitative Finance
- 1+ year of post-graduate work experience (in a business or post-doc setting) involving complex quantitative modeling and analysis in any of the areas mentioned under Basic Qualifications
- Demonstrated skills in applying techniques from econometrics, statistics, and/or machine / deep learning to large, high-dimensional structured and unstructured data sets
- Curious, high level of initiative, detail-oriented and ability to multi-task
- Fast learning in theoretical modeling and coding
- Strong problem formulation and problem solving skills
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and leadership behaviors
- Comfortable working in an environment where problems are not always well-defined
How You Will Be Successful:
- Envision the Future
- Communicate Honestly and Broadly
- Seek Technology and Business “First”
- Embrace Diversity and Take Risks
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefit Package
- 401(k) with matching contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discounts
- Free training on all Altair products
Why Work with Us:
Altair is a global technology company providing software and cloud solutions in the areas of data analytics, product development, and high-performance computing (HPC). Altair enables organizations in nearly every industry to compete more effectively in a connected world, while creating a more sustainable future. With more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, and creative thinkers in 25 countries, we help solve our customer’s toughest challenges and deliver unparalleled service, helping the innovators innovate, drive better decisions, and turn today’s problems into tomorrow’s opportunities.
Our vision is to transform customer decision making with data analytics, simulation, and high-performance computing.
For more than 30 years, we have been helping our customers integrate electronics and controls with mechanical design to expand product value, develop AI, simulation and data-driven digital twins to drive better decisions, and deliver advanced HPC and cloud solutions to support unlimited idea exploration. To learn more, please visit altair.com
Ready to go? #ONLYFORWARD
At our core we are explorers; adventures; pioneers. We are the brains behind some of the world’s most revolutionary innovations and are not only comfortable in new and unchartered waters, we dive headfirst. We are the original trailblazers that make the impossible possible, discovering new solutions to our customer’s toughest challenges.
Altair is an equal opportunity employer. Our backgrounds are diverse, and every member of our global team is critical to our success. Altair’s history demonstrations a belief that empowering each individual authentic voice reinforces a culture that thrives because of the uniqueness among our team.