Verisk Financial | Argus is a leading provider of intelligence, decision support solutions, and advisory services to financial institutions across the global commerce ecosystem. As one of the original innovators in lending, credit, fraud, and spend analytics, we integrate one of the industry’s largest sets of data to help banks, financial regulators, retailers, and media companies grow their businesses. Our clients gain competitive advantage from our exclusive focus on leveraging global best-in-class analytics and methodologies to help achieve their business and regulatory objectives.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have sought and achieved the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year, and we’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women. We emphasize a culture of engagement and value our inclusive and diverse workforce.
To learn more about Argus please visit us at: www.argusinformation.com.
Working as a Lead Data Scientist at Verisk means:
- Being part of and contributing to a large, vibrant community
- Understanding problems in multiple verticals including P&C Insurance, Life Insurance, Energy, Financial Services, Environmental Health and Safety, Geopolitical Security
- Applying a variety of analytic methodologies including Predictive Modeling, Machine Learning, Forecasting, Network Analytics, Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision, and Voice and Speech Analytics to develop solutions to those business problems
- Working with a diverse set of extremely rich datasets such as 19 billion detailed records of insurance premiums collected and losses paid, 90%+ of Insurance Claims in the US, 95%+ of Credit Cards transactions in the US and UK, 7 million+ Safety Data Sheets, and Information on 3 million+ oil and gas wells
- Seeing your work result in new products, product enhancements, consulting revenue, or internal process improvements on a regular basis
- Working with cutting-edge technology, and continuously developing new skills and capabilities
Purpose of the role
- Develop analytic solutions in support of increasing the efficiency of Verisk processes, enhancing Verisk’s current products, and developing new products.
- Lead projects and mentor junior analytic scientists
- Contribute to the development of the Verisk Analytic Community
Primary Goals to Be Assured
- Develop analytic solutions that meet business requirements around accuracy, sophistication, and interpretability.
- Incorporate technical innovations and new developments in relevant analytic fields
- Develop junior analytic employees
- Share important methodologies, advances, and best practices from your work among the whole analytics community
- The development and timely delivery of analytic solutions that meet business requirements around accuracy, sophistication, and interpretability.
- Design analytic solutions to identified problems
- Develop analytic solutions using machine learning techniques including Predictive Modeling, Text Mining.
- Ensure that solutions meet business requirements around accuracy, sophistication, and interpretability.
- Ensure that solution is delivered in a timely manner.
- The incorporation of technical innovations and new developments in relevant analytic fields
- Keep abreast of technical innovations and new developments in relevant analytic fields
- Consider these innovations/new developments when designing analytic solutions
- Measurable contribution to products and processes in terms of new products developed, enhanced products, direct revenue supported, cost savings etc
- Positive feedback on the support received from business partners
- Positive feedback from team members and leaders of the Verisk analytic community
- Bachelor’s in engineering + 6 years in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5+ years related experience with relational databases & SQL.
- 6+ years of experience in a general-purpose programming language (Python preferred)
- Experience in AWS – S3, Redshift, Postgre SQL, Dynamo DB, EC2, Data Lake formation, AWS Glue, Step Functions, ECS, ECR,Lambda, Fargate, EMR, Cloud formation
- Hadoop technology with Spark and Hive
- Prefer experience with BI/visualization tools (ex: Tableau, Spotfire, Qlikview)
- Strong data management, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work creatively and analytically.
- Ability to effectively communicate at different levels in and across the organization and to articulate to non-technical and technical audiences.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Consumer Privacy Notice