The Chief Data & Analytics Office (CDAO) Financial Advisor Services (FAS) serves the data and analytics needs of the FAS business who serve financial advisor clients, including broker-dealers, asset managers, bank trust departments, registered investment advisers, and insurance companies.
In this role, you will uncover analytical insights to support marketing and shape the strategy for the advisor and sales experience. You will leverage a wide-range of data to enable a unique, personalized experience for our clients. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to grow your technical skills in Python, SQL, Tableau/ThoughtSpot and new AWS data solutions.
The ideal candidate is proficient in SQL, Python and Tableau to clean, analyze and visualize large amounts of data. Furthermore, this candidate should be comfortable with dealing with ambiguity and possess strong communication and consultative skills.Core Responsibilities
- Engages with internal partners to understand business strategy, questions and goals. Brings structure to business requests, translates requirements into an analytical project approach, and leads projects through completion. Delegates tasks and provides tactical and strategic guidance to peers.
- Acquires and compiles structured and unstructured data and verifies its quality, accuracy and reasonableness.
- Performs analyses of historical data to surface trends and insights using advanced analytical methods. Validates analytical techniques employed by other analysts.
- Prepares and delivers visualizations and internal presentations that translate analytic insights into tangible, actionable solutions for business partners to implement.
- Develops, owns and manages recurring analytic or reporting processes.
- Mentors, coaches, trains, and develops junior data analysts. Proactively expands knowledge of business and analytics and shares with team members. Shares and documents best practices.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of five years related work experience.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.About Vanguard
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.Inclusion Statement
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.”
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.Future of Work
During the pandemic, we transitioned to a work from home model for the majority of our crew and we continue to interview, hire, and on-board future crew remotely.
As we have developed the path forward, we have taken a thoughtful approach that both maximizes the advantages of working remotely and the many benefits of coming together and collaborating in a shared workspace. We believe that in-person interactions among our crew are important for preserving our unique culture and advantageous for the personal development of our crew.
When our Crew return to the office, many will work in our hybrid model. A smaller proportion of our crew will operate in the Work from Home work model (for example, field sales crew); or in the Work from Office model (for example, portfolio managers).
The working model that your role falls into will be communicated to you in the interview process – please do ask if you are unsure. We encourage you to make the decision regarding your job interview and offer knowing which model your role will fall into. We will test and learn as our ways of working evolve and will continue to evaluate working models along the way.