Bayshore HealthCare is one of the country’s leading providers of home and community health care services and is a Canadian owned company. Bayshore HealthCare is proud to showcase its achievement as a Platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies Program every year since 2006. In 2015, Bayshore achieved the designation for Best Practice Spotlight Organization from the Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario. Bayshore Healthcare is also Canada’s Best Employers Forbes 2023 list.
Reporting to the Manager, Enterprise Data Mgmt. and Analytics, the Data Analyst will contribute to evolving a data culture within Bayshore HealthCare. They will work with other members of the Enterprise Data team, as well as Division-specific Analytic teams to define requirements and analytic use cases for Power Insights, the Bayshore HealthCare Enterprise Analytic environment. In this capacity, the Data Analyst will be accountable for compiling, and processing data, developing reports and data visualizations, as well as testing data solutions. This will primarily be for data that is pertinent to the overall enterprise but may also include division-specific data, finance data and HR data as well. As a member of the Enterprise Data team, the Data Analyst will also act as an Enterprise Data “ambassador” providing guidance, education, and support to others within the organization in the areas of analytic queries, education on analytic tools, and selection of data visualizations that represent information in the most effective manner.
This position requires experience in report development (preferably with Microsoft Power BI), T-SQL, Data Warehousing and/or database concepts and strong business requirements gathering skills.Duties And Responsibilities
- Work with the Business and Support units within Bayshore to define the requirements for key operational reporting metrics and analytic use cases
- Work with the Enterprise Data Architecture and Engineering teams to define and design analytic environments that best support the organizations analytic requirements
- Document requirements for specific reporting and analytics based on business needs
- Conduct detailed data analysis to support the creation of data definitions, business transformation logic, and source to target mapping specs
- Assist Sr. Data Analysts with developing detailed data queries to extract data from primary or secondary data sources and build the data stories needed
- Work with Sr. Data Analysts to assess the data, and build descriptive, prescriptive, diagnostic, and predictive data analytics
- Design, develop and test Enterprise-level, and division specific reports and data visualizations, based on defined test case scenarios
- Respond to divisional data inquiries, and provide data content to fulfil those requests, including partnering with colleagues to solve and respond to data challenges.
- Identify and escalate data and content integrity issues on a timely basis to the Data Management team, and assist in defining Data Quality “campaigns” to address these issues
- Assist the Manager, Enterprise Data Mgmt. and Analytics with the development and implementation of policies and procedures related to data initiatives
- Work collaboratively within a cross-functional team environment to seek input in analyzing and defining business processes as related to data.
- Support the Enterprise Data team with analytics projects and ad-hoc requests
- Use statistical tools to interpret data sets, for operational, diagnostic, and predictive analytics efforts.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in data sets.
- Participate in ongoing internal and/or external continuing education activities.
- Adhere to Bayshore Policies and Procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality of client and corporate information and discusses same only with appropriate Bayshore personnel.
- Complies with all Canadian provincial and federal privacy legislation.
- All other duties as required.
This position will report directly to the Manager, Enterprise Data Mgmt. and AnalyticsQualifications
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Computer Science, or other relevant work experienceTechnical Experience
Desired Business Skills And Abilities
- Microsoft Power BI, T-SQL, Excel, Azure Synapse, Python
Other Skills And Abilities
- Strong business and analytic mindset
- Ability to derive business and quality insights from data.
- Ability to foster collaboration and shared direction among various stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and information-seeking skills
- Self-directed and highly motivated with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Willingness and ability to learn new concepts
- Experience prioritizing competing demands in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated critical thinking, problem solving, technical troubleshooting and analytical skills with specific ability to critically think across clinical, business and technology spheres.
- Knowledge/experience with other data visualization methods and technologies would be an asset but is not a requirement.
- Fluent and computer literate with computer systems such as Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook).
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and team-based orientation
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work under pressure, and to be able to meet deadlines
- Ability to translate technical information into business information