Morgan 6 is a fast-growing leader in the government contracting field based in Charleston, SC. Our mission is to expertly apply state of the art technology to improve the lives of Warriors – past, present, and future. Our core solutions include Software Engineering and Agile Software Development, DevSecOps, IT Support and Planning, Digital Transformation, and National Security Services. Most importantly, we are, and we support, Warriors First!
We are looking for self-starting passionate individuals who; value teamwork, demonstrate integrity and honesty, are innovative, and strive to perform quality work.
Position: We’re looking for a Data Engineer to support a large, 10-year, government contract with the Department of Veterans Affairs.
Skillsets / Responsibilities:
- Evaluate Oracle PL/SQL Code and check for compatibility with PL/pgSQL in PostgreSQL, look for retrofitting options.
- Check dynamically generated SQL within middleware, application server objects, Java classes and shell scripts. Design and develop repository-based SQL code that could be dynamically constructed at runtime.
- Evaluate and innovate the mapping of application functionality requirements using cloud native technologies such as AWS Lambda.
- Refactor and Retrofit embedded and dynamic/generated SQL from Oracle to PL/pgSQL in PostgreSQL together with related schema changes, including within C++, C#, Python, Perl, Java classes, batch programs, external scripts, PL/SQL DB objects (procedures, functions, triggers, views, etc.) and SQL stored within DB tables.
- Inventory and evaluate objects to be refactored, cataloging specific migration topics to be addressed (e.g. a Decode function, pipelined functions, types, table functions) within the objects.
- Must be US Citizen, Permanent Resident, or Dual Citizen.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering / technical discipline and minimum of Five (5) years of experience. Eight (8) years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- Must be able to obtain a public trust security clearance.
Why Should You Apply?
- Engaging Work
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Team environment and culture
- Your skills and talent make a difference! Your commitment can help grow a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB)
This position is remote.