JPMorgan Chase & Co (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co is available at jpmorganchase.com.
The Corporate KYC Operations works closely with the Lines of Business (LOBs) to implement and operate a sustainable and scalable operational process supporting clients along the Know Your Customer (KYC) lifecycle. This includes functions such as data collection, completion of the KYC profile, client screening, targeted local language and English language research, comparing and analyzing client profiles across all lines of business and quality assurance. This team will also produce metrics around the work they perform.
The role is responsible for ascertaining that all KYC and AML policies are adhered to and will be responsible for conducting reviews of client's KYC documentation stored in internal repositories and publicly available information, performing the necessary screening against relevant search engines and sanction lists and communicate any additional deficiencies back to the business.
If you're interested in working in an environment where leadership, excellence, integrity, and diversity are among our core principles, then explore the opportunities at J.P. Morgan Chase.
The KYC Operations analyst will partner with the client-facing teams to ensure all client KYC records are compliant with regulatory standards in a timely fashion. In addition, The KYC Operations analyst will validate all documentation provided in the end to end operational KYC activities of new clients and subsequent periodic renewal process of all clients ensuring a high quality product.
The KYC Operations analyst will review the collection and verification of data performed by the KYC Operations Analyst to ensure all KYC records are accurate and complete prior to a final review by the client-facing team. The KYC Operations Reviewer is expected to stay current with all regulatory changes and requirements around client KYC, Suitability and Documentation.
- Understanding and implementation of KYC standards, guidelines, policies and procedures
- Handling and maintenance of confidential client documentation
- Collection and verification of confidential client data via publically available and internal sources
- Understand the firm's KYC requirements when completing documentation inclusive of Customer Identification Program (CIP), Minimum Due Diligence (MDD), Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD), Local Due Diligence (LDD),Specialized Due Diligence(SpDD) and Product Due Diligence requirements (PDD)
- Compare and contrast differences within KYC records , highlight and escalate any discrepancies
- Review of client data/processes to meet firm wide quality standards
- Communicating/escalating issues to management when applicable
- Ability to learn and communicate a new process to a team
- Strongly engage with Middle office and be part of KYC/AML interactions to complete the case as per the timeline
- Proactively identifies opportunities to refine a process and increase operational efficiencies
- Exhibit the highest standards of customer service to our internal and external customers (inclusive of confidentiality)
- Create an effective and efficient team through continuous communication, timely feedback, and appropriate supervisory practices
- Be part of the holistic client review team to follow up on outstanding alignment items within various LOBs and/or GFCC to close loop on the alignment
- Be flexible to work on other migration/remediation projects including Screening resolution , other LOB holistic alignment or Quality Assurance
- Comment on trends/behavior relating to account due diligence and activity review
- Ability to comprehend the KYC risk factors and draft the overall risk summary for the client
- Bachelor's Degree and/or Graduate Degree
- Knowledge of KYC is essential with at least 5-10 years' experience (Audit, Control, Risk, AML, and Research may also be areas of experience)
- Must be able to work and contribute effectively in stressful situation
- Strong research, analytical and comprehension skills, with ability to analyze large amounts of data
- Client focused with strong customer service skills (e.g. oral and written communication skills)
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines against a high volume work schedule
- Experience adhering to controls and compliance standards
- Able to grasp/learn concepts and procedures quickly
- Possess strong computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Must be detailed oriented and analytical
- Ability to work both independently and as a team in a fast paced production environment
- Flexibility of operating hours to include overtime, holidays, and weekend testing
- A strong sense of ownership and responsibility
- Drives results through leadership, people, communication and influence
- Comfortable with change, ambiguity, debate, conflict and informed risk takingJPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.